The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Sense of taste

Forums General Melanoma Community Sense of taste

Participant

Has anyone who has experienced pituitary problems or had ipi or nivo experience a change in taste?  It seems some foods have become more bland. Particularly pickled items. 

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        Aaron
        Participant

Maybe it's the prednisone? 

Aaron
          Participant

Aaron
            Participant

Casitas1
              Participant

I had it with low dose chemo…

Casitas1
                Participant

Casitas1
                  Participant

Bubbles
                    Participant

I had a similar experience when I was on Nivo.  c

Bubbles
                      Participant

Bubbles
                        Participant

Hukill
                          Participant

2 weeks after my second round of Yervoy/Opdivo I had some taste changes but very different. Anything that was sweet was now super sweet as in not able to eat due to sweetness. Even artifical sweetners were the same. I found myself deluting zero calorie sports drinks. Also anything salty became to salty. Anything with salt added became hard to eat, pasta sauces, going out to eat became a pain due to salt added to food. It has been 4 weeks now and it has not changed.

Hukill
                            Participant

2 weeks after my second round of Yervoy/Opdivo I had some taste changes but very different. Anything that was sweet was now super sweet as in not able to eat due to sweetness. Even artifical sweetners were the same. I found myself deluting zero calorie sports drinks. Also anything salty became to salty. Anything with salt added became hard to eat, pasta sauces, going out to eat became a pain due to salt added to food. It has been 4 weeks now and it has not changed.

Hukill
                              Participant

jennunicorn
                                Participant

Change in taste can be thyroid related, make sure to get thyroid levels checked.

jennunicorn
                                  Participant

Change in taste can be thyroid related, make sure to get thyroid levels checked.

jennunicorn
                                    Participant

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics