The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Seizures post immunotherapy ipilimumab and nivolumab

Forums General Melanoma Community Seizures post immunotherapy ipilimumab and nivolumab

Participant
      Hi has anyone had a seizure reaction to immunotherapy, ipilimumab and nivolumab? My sister had 2 infusions today and has had a seizure this evening. Thnaks in advance
    Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        MelMel
        Participant
          I was on a combo and currently only on Opdivo and although I have various side effects, there are no seizures. I see from your sister’s past history, that she has experienced seizures during targeted therapy so I am highly doubtful that they are caused by immunotherapy. There are many causes for seizures and may not be directly related to melanoma medications. Apparently, antidepressants can cause seizures in a small percentage of patients. Sodium and glucose imbalances in the blood are some of the other possible causes among many.
          https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4767205/#bcp12720-sec-0001title
          Hope your sister finds the source of her seizures.
          Melanie
            Anni
            Participant
              Thanks for your reply Melanie, the seizures seem to be a result of the stereo tactic radiation, I was just wondering if anyone has had them post immunotherapy or whether it’s just a coincidence that it has happened post her infusion. Thank you and I wish you well with your health
              MelMel
              Participant
                Thank you and likewise for both of you. Stay safe!
          Viewing 0 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics