The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Scrotal melanoma?

Forums General Melanoma Community Scrotal melanoma?

Participant

Hi everyone,

I'm a 20 year old male from Australia.

I have notice some new moles growing on my scrotum and the underside of my penis about a week ago and I'm concerned that it is scrotal melanoma.

The new mole on my scrotum is brown to black in colour, about 3-4mm, borderline is a bit irregular. I also notice some dark-coloured skin lesions scattered throughout my scrotum.

The mole on the underside of my penis is relatively small and black in colour, also has a irregular border.

Hi everyone,

I'm a 20 year old male from Australia.

I have notice some new moles growing on my scrotum and the underside of my penis about a week ago and I'm concerned that it is scrotal melanoma.

The new mole on my scrotum is brown to black in colour, about 3-4mm, borderline is a bit irregular. I also notice some dark-coloured skin lesions scattered throughout my scrotum.

The mole on the underside of my penis is relatively small and black in colour, also has a irregular border.

I feel a weird itching sensation from the those two moles occasionally (i traced the feeling without look).

I showed my GP my new moles yesterday, he said I should get it checked and referred me to a dermatologist but I have to wait until the upcoming Monday.

I have a few questions:

1. Based on the symptoms, is scrotal melanoma possible?

2. If the melanoma is on my scrotum does it mean that it spreads quicker? (Since the skin on the scrotum is thinner.)

3. Can I get all my suspicious moles removed on Monday? Or do I need to wait for another surgical date? I really don't want to wait for the melanoma to spread before I remove it.

Thank you all for your precious time.

I am really worried, my mid-semester exams are near and I can hardly get into the mood for study.

I can't sleep at night without thinking and checking my moles.

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        James from Sydney
        Participant

you are doing everything right by seeing the Doctor, the Derm. will be able to tell you what they are. I have been on this Board for quite a few years and this is the 1st time i've heard of Melanoma in that area. it could well be nothing. I understand that you would be worried but try and relax maybe studying will take your mind of it.  The Derm can excise the moles or biopsy them. If you have any questions please post again. I'm sure everything will be ok.

best wishes

James

James from Sydney
          Participant

you are doing everything right by seeing the Doctor, the Derm. will be able to tell you what they are. I have been on this Board for quite a few years and this is the 1st time i've heard of Melanoma in that area. it could well be nothing. I understand that you would be worried but try and relax maybe studying will take your mind of it.  The Derm can excise the moles or biopsy them. If you have any questions please post again. I'm sure everything will be ok.

best wishes

James

lovetheworld
              Participant

Thank you for your reply James.

I found two more suspicious looking moles ( one on my left feet and one on my left thigh).

They have irregular borders, the one on my thigh have different colours, both smaller than 6mm.

Are they linked? (one caused or spread to the other)

Should I have all my moles removed for biopsy?

How do doctors determine which is the primary?

James from Sydney
                Participant

I think it would be very rare to have more than 1 Primary Melanoma at the same time. I've never heard of it.  Even if one of them is a Primary Melanoma if it is found early ie. before it starts dividing which is called insitu you will be ok. Any sample taken will be looked at by a Pathologist who will determine  whether it has started dividing. You are doing the right thing going to the Doc early.  As i said before i would be very surprised if it is anything to worry about. The Derm will have a pretty good idea when he looks with his Dermascope. Try and relax many people have certain mole syndromes which can be mistaken for Melanoma even by GP's . 

best wishes

James

James from Sydney
                  Participant

I think it would be very rare to have more than 1 Primary Melanoma at the same time. I've never heard of it.  Even if one of them is a Primary Melanoma if it is found early ie. before it starts dividing which is called insitu you will be ok. Any sample taken will be looked at by a Pathologist who will determine  whether it has started dividing. You are doing the right thing going to the Doc early.  As i said before i would be very surprised if it is anything to worry about. The Derm will have a pretty good idea when he looks with his Dermascope. Try and relax many people have certain mole syndromes which can be mistaken for Melanoma even by GP's . 

best wishes

James

lovetheworld
                    Participant

Thank you for your reply James.

I found two more suspicious looking moles ( one on my left feet and one on my left thigh).

They have irregular borders, the one on my thigh have different colours, both smaller than 6mm.

Are they linked? (one caused or spread to the other)

Should I have all my moles removed for biopsy?

How do doctors determine which is the primary?

kstrk1ng
                    Participant

Hey man,

I am 21 years old, and a nursing student. I have the same symptoms you present in your post. I know this may sound weird but would you be able to share your diagnosis? I am terrified as well. Please respond whenever you have the time. Thanks. 

KP

Pfitzge1
                        Participant
                          Just went through this. Not going to get into details because the profanity filter keeps stopping my profanity free post. Feel free to message me.
                          PJ
                          Pfitzge1
                          Participant
                            Just went through this. Not going to get into details because the profanity filter keeps stopping my profanity free post. Feel free to message me.
                            PJ
                            Pfitzge1
                            Participant
                              PJ
                              Pfitzge1
                              Participant
                                Just happened to me.
                                Pfitzge1
                                Participant
                                  Just happened to me.
                                  Pfitzge1
                                  Participant
                                    Just happened to me.
                                  kstrk1ng
                                  Participant

Hey man,

I am 21 years old, and a nursing student. I have the same symptoms you present in your post. I know this may sound weird but would you be able to share your diagnosis? I am terrified as well. Please respond whenever you have the time. Thanks. 

KP

kstrk1ng
                                    Participant

Hey man,

KP

POW
                                      Participant

I have never heard of melanoma presenting as several different primary sites scattered around various locations. You are absolutely right to get checked by a good dermatologist. But when you are there and he/she says it's not melanoma, be sure to ask him/her how does he know it's not melanoma? What is different about your lesions than for melanoma? Then in the future, you will have a better idea of what to look for.

POW
                                        Participant

I have never heard of melanoma presenting as several different primary sites scattered around various locations. You are absolutely right to get checked by a good dermatologist. But when you are there and he/she says it's not melanoma, be sure to ask him/her how does he know it's not melanoma? What is different about your lesions than for melanoma? Then in the future, you will have a better idea of what to look for.

POW
                                          Participant

Viewing 7 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics