The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

SCCA Consultation

Forums General Melanoma Community SCCA Consultation

Participant

I posted last night when I got fiinished with my appt, but I see now that it never appeared on the board! I saw Dr. Thompson at SCCA yesterday and it went exactly as planned.

It was great to be able to pick his brain about all the options out there, especially as I need a back up plan, but he agreed with Dr. Kaya that IL 2 is a good option for me and that I am good candidate for it.

I posted last night when I got fiinished with my appt, but I see now that it never appeared on the board! I saw Dr. Thompson at SCCA yesterday and it went exactly as planned.

It was great to be able to pick his brain about all the options out there, especially as I need a back up plan, but he agreed with Dr. Kaya that IL 2 is a good option for me and that I am good candidate for it.

As usual at any place that has a big clinical trial program, he offered me a trial. This one is a combo of IL 21 and Ippi. (I had looked at one with IL 21 and anti pd 1, but it's full and wil a waiting list) The trial has one slot open, but it is just not the trial for me. So I will continue to look at possible anti pd 1 trials as a second course in case I fail at the IL 2

But I'll likely be starting IL 2 on March 18th at home in Spokane.

Keep your fingers crossed for me, and I'll keep you posted on how it all goes.

Dian in spokane

Viewing 20 reply threads
    • Replies
        Swanee
        Participant

Hi Diane,

I will keep my fingers crossed  that your treatment goes as planned and  IL2 works for you!  When I was presented with that treatment option early on I found some very good posts from others who had gone through the treatment with their experiences very detailed, which I found very helpful.  They weren't just the common details you find in pamphlets but more personal experiences, things you wouldn't necessarily read.  In search, I typed in "IL2 underwear to tight" and the previous posts I read came up.  I never did do IL2 but have it out there as a possibility.   My current treatment direction is the TIL treatment but still bouncing back and forth from the watch and wait arena!  I am hopeful my immune system is doing most of the work and I will benefit from all the emerging new discoveries and treatment options as it is a slippery slope!

Have you ever been to the  Melanoma Symposium  at SCCA?  I'm not sure how long it's been going but I first attended in 2010.  Would love to meet up with others in this area but not sure how to initiate or organize such a get together.  It would be a perfect time if others were attending the symposium,  perhaps you have some ideas that have worked in the past being a long term mm survivor?  

I too go SCCA and so I am always interested in what you post.  There are so many ways to approach this cancer and I find it so interesting what route we all choose.  Thanks for posting and I will keep you close in spirit as you prepare for this treatment. 

Take care,

Swanee 

Swanee
          Participant

Hi Diane,

I will keep my fingers crossed  that your treatment goes as planned and  IL2 works for you!  When I was presented with that treatment option early on I found some very good posts from others who had gone through the treatment with their experiences very detailed, which I found very helpful.  They weren't just the common details you find in pamphlets but more personal experiences, things you wouldn't necessarily read.  In search, I typed in "IL2 underwear to tight" and the previous posts I read came up.  I never did do IL2 but have it out there as a possibility.   My current treatment direction is the TIL treatment but still bouncing back and forth from the watch and wait arena!  I am hopeful my immune system is doing most of the work and I will benefit from all the emerging new discoveries and treatment options as it is a slippery slope!

Have you ever been to the  Melanoma Symposium  at SCCA?  I'm not sure how long it's been going but I first attended in 2010.  Would love to meet up with others in this area but not sure how to initiate or organize such a get together.  It would be a perfect time if others were attending the symposium,  perhaps you have some ideas that have worked in the past being a long term mm survivor?  

I too go SCCA and so I am always interested in what you post.  There are so many ways to approach this cancer and I find it so interesting what route we all choose.  Thanks for posting and I will keep you close in spirit as you prepare for this treatment. 

Take care,

Swanee 

Swanee
            Participant

Hi Diane,

Take care,

Swanee 

Kim K
              Participant

I am glad you are going to give IL-2 a try.  You have creepy crawly disease like I did and I can't help but wonder if that is due in part to our immune systems partially keeping things in check.  Either way you will find out pretty quickly.  I truely hope you join me in the 3% club.  If it fails, at the very least I am sure there will be some enhancement of your immune system to help with Yervoy or anti PD1, PD1 trials.

You have your ducks in a row.  Glad you can do treatment in Spokane.  If you need any tips or just want to call me, let me know.

Hugs,

Kim

Kim K
                Participant

I am glad you are going to give IL-2 a try.  You have creepy crawly disease like I did and I can't help but wonder if that is due in part to our immune systems partially keeping things in check.  Either way you will find out pretty quickly.  I truely hope you join me in the 3% club.  If it fails, at the very least I am sure there will be some enhancement of your immune system to help with Yervoy or anti PD1, PD1 trials.

You have your ducks in a row.  Glad you can do treatment in Spokane.  If you need any tips or just want to call me, let me know.

Hugs,

Kim

Kim K
                  Participant

Hugs,

Kim

King
                    Participant

Hi Dian,

Thanks for posting.  My fingers are crossed for you and Bob.  One day at a time.  You can do this!  We're here for you if you need anything at all.

Stay Strong
                      King

Stage IV 7/05  Liver mets

King
                      Participant

Hi Dian,

Thanks for posting.  My fingers are crossed for you and Bob.  One day at a time.  You can do this!  We're here for you if you need anything at all.

Stay Strong
                        King

King
                        Participant

Hi Dian,

Stay Strong
                          King

Hstevens0072
                          Participant

Hi Dian,  Fingers crossed for you… and toes too.  I bet you feel better now that you've been able to make a decision ๐Ÿ™‚  Much good luck to you.

Hope and prayers,

Holly

Hstevens0072
                            Participant

Hi Dian,  Fingers crossed for you… and toes too.  I bet you feel better now that you've been able to make a decision ๐Ÿ™‚  Much good luck to you.

Hope and prayers,

Holly

Hstevens0072
                              Participant

Hope and prayers,

Holly

Cielo
                                Participant

Hi Dian! Glad to hear you have a treatment plan  laid out for you. Keeping my fingers crossed and a prayer for you too.  My husband is on Zelboraf for ten months…. we live in Texas and go to MDAnderson while here but  we also live in Winthrop, Wa during the summer months. And he goes to SCCA and Dr. Thompson is his Onc. there who monitors his treatment while in the northwest. We like him. 

Cielo
                                  Participant

Hi Dian! Glad to hear you have a treatment plan  laid out for you. Keeping my fingers crossed and a prayer for you too.  My husband is on Zelboraf for ten months…. we live in Texas and go to MDAnderson while here but  we also live in Winthrop, Wa during the summer months. And he goes to SCCA and Dr. Thompson is his Onc. there who monitors his treatment while in the northwest. We like him. 

Cielo
                                    Participant

TSchulz
                                      Participant

Glad to hear you have a plan in place and are  already planning ahead should you need that plan B.  Good luck with IL-2.  I hope it knocks this stuff clean out of you.  Troy

TSchulz
                                        Participant

Glad to hear you have a plan in place and are  already planning ahead should you need that plan B.  Good luck with IL-2.  I hope it knocks this stuff clean out of you.  Troy

TSchulz
                                          Participant

Ali
                                            Participant

You can do it!  I am glad I started with IL-2.  It is brutal, but with all the meds they give you, it goes by fast.  Good luck!

Ali
                                              Participant

You can do it!  I am glad I started with IL-2.  It is brutal, but with all the meds they give you, it goes by fast.  Good luck!

Ali
                                                Participant

Viewing 20 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics