The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

scanxiaty- medical report

Forums General Melanoma Community scanxiaty- medical report

Participant

in november my mum will have the second 3month visti to the onc, that means 6months after diagnosis.she had this weak a u/s of the upper and lower abdomen and everything was clear, blood test that has LDH increased from 168 to 188 but still in normal values and GGT(if you know what that means – i think has smthg to do with liver) increased from 48 to 51 and the normal values are 19-38, i dont know what cause that…aslo the(ESR) Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate from 20 got to 10, and i

in november my mum will have the second 3month visti to the onc, that means 6months after diagnosis.she had this weak a u/s of the upper and lower abdomen and everything was clear, blood test that has LDH increased from 168 to 188 but still in normal values and GGT(if you know what that means – i think has smthg to do with liver) increased from 48 to 51 and the normal values are 19-38, i dont know what cause that…aslo the(ESR) Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate from 20 got to 10, and i think thats good.also she had a mammography and it was ok.now until she has her appointment i wiil be anxious about GGT, does someone knows smthg for that?

blesses to all of you

DiRena

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        KatyWI
        Participant

Well, I don't know anything for sure, but if those were my results, here's what I'd be thinking until I saw the doctor for sure.  I'd pay no mind to the results in the normal ranges.  As for the GGT, it increased by three points.  The normal range is almost twenty points big.  So I'd be thinking that change is probably not anything significant, meaning that nothing has changed from last time.  Was the doctor concerned about her liver last time?

I'd suggest a phone call to the doctor to ease both your minds until the November visit.  You can get the quick explanation now so you're not dealing with fear of the unknown.

Hang in there,

KatyWI

KatyWI
          Participant

Well, I don't know anything for sure, but if those were my results, here's what I'd be thinking until I saw the doctor for sure.  I'd pay no mind to the results in the normal ranges.  As for the GGT, it increased by three points.  The normal range is almost twenty points big.  So I'd be thinking that change is probably not anything significant, meaning that nothing has changed from last time.  Was the doctor concerned about her liver last time?

I'd suggest a phone call to the doctor to ease both your minds until the November visit.  You can get the quick explanation now so you're not dealing with fear of the unknown.

Hang in there,

KatyWI

KatyWI
            Participant

Hang in there,

KatyWI

FormerCaregiver
              Participant

A high level of GGT can indicate the possibility of disease in the liver, biliary
                system, and pancreas. See:
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma_glutamyl_transpeptidase#Medical_applications

However, I don't think that you need to worry too much about the GGT level as it doesn't
                really mean a lot by itself.

Hope this helps.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                Participant

A high level of GGT can indicate the possibility of disease in the liver, biliary

However, I don't think that you need to worry too much about the GGT level as it doesn't

Hope this helps.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                  Participant

Hope this helps.

Frank from Australia

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics