The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Scans today, results tomorrow, constant anxiety

Forums General Melanoma Community Scans today, results tomorrow, constant anxiety

Participant

Hi all,

Hi all,

It's hard to believe it's been two months already. My husband Bob has been doing well but he's up at NIH today getting his scans. We go tomorrow to get the results. I try to remind myself that scans are good and to be positive, but I have to admit I hate sitting in little rooms waiting.  Anyone who doesn't know our situation Bob started out as Stage III in January 2007, before our youngest son turned one. Then he progressed to Stage IV on March 2008. In April 2008 he started IL-2. It's been 15 months since his intestinal surgery for mets and I'm just praying he is still NED. 

Looking for any prayers or good thoughts for some good news tomorrow. Thanks everyone for always being there.

Rebecca

Viewing 13 reply threads
    • Replies
        Lori C
        Participant

I know that anxiety well and will definitely be sending prayers and best wishes for excellent results for you.

Lori C
          Participant

I know that anxiety well and will definitely be sending prayers and best wishes for excellent results for you.

sharmon
            Participant

We will be praying with you for good scan results.  I know the waiting can be the hardest,  just know you are not alone.  We are all here for you.

Sharon and Brent

sharmon
              Participant

We will be praying with you for good scan results.  I know the waiting can be the hardest,  just know you are not alone.  We are all here for you.

Sharon and Brent

sharmon
                Participant

Sharon and Brent

Rebecca and Bob
                    Participant

Sharon,

Thanks and it sounds like Brent is doing great on his trial. I hope and pray you continue to get good news.

Rebecca

Rebecca and Bob
                      Participant

Sharon,

Thanks and it sounds like Brent is doing great on his trial. I hope and pray you continue to get good news.

Rebecca

sharmon
                      Participant

Sharon and Brent

Linda/Kentucky
                        Participant

I pray for positive results.  What type of treatment has he been doing if any lately?  As everyone said the waiting is very, very hard.  You sit out in the waiting room and pray that while they are being scanned that none of those boogers show up, and pray for a miracle.  Then when you go for the results you try to read their minds and body actions before they tell you the results.  I will continue  keeping you both along with the others on this forum in my prayers. 

Linda/Kentucky

Rebecca and Bob
                            Participant

Linda,

No treatment right now. He did IL-2 which got rid of lung mets and surgery for the intestinal mets that showed up a year later.

Thanks Linda and good luck with treatment on your husband, I know it's really rough.

Rebecca

Rebecca and Bob
                              Participant

Linda,

No treatment right now. He did IL-2 which got rid of lung mets and surgery for the intestinal mets that showed up a year later.

Thanks Linda and good luck with treatment on your husband, I know it's really rough.

Rebecca

Linda/Kentucky
                              Participant

I pray for positive results.  What type of treatment has he been doing if any lately?  As everyone said the waiting is very, very hard.  You sit out in the waiting room and pray that while they are being scanned that none of those boogers show up, and pray for a miracle.  Then when you go for the results you try to read their minds and body actions before they tell you the results.  I will continue  keeping you both along with the others on this forum in my prayers. 

Linda/Kentucky

skysar
                                Participant

I know the feeling very well.  I am leaving for MD Anderson this evening for scans and IPI treatment.  I don't know how to get past the anxiety.  I am anxious to begin with and when it's time for scans I go crazy.  I need to find a way to calm down.

Praying for the both of you!

Sue

Hotlanta

skysar
                                  Participant

I know the feeling very well.  I am leaving for MD Anderson this evening for scans and IPI treatment.  I don't know how to get past the anxiety.  I am anxious to begin with and when it's time for scans I go crazy.  I need to find a way to calm down.

Praying for the both of you!

Sue

Hotlanta

King
                                    Participant

Good thoughts and prayers, Rebecca.  Scan time is always so stressful.  I think many of us can relate to that.  Big deep breath and fingers crossed, too.

We are looking forward to a good news post!

Stay Strong
                                      King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

King
                                      Participant

Good thoughts and prayers, Rebecca.  Scan time is always so stressful.  I think many of us can relate to that.  Big deep breath and fingers crossed, too.

We are looking forward to a good news post!

Stay Strong
                                        King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

BethA in VA
                                        Participant

Sending prayers and good vibes to both of you for good results.  Scans are good…anything there will be found very fast, but you will also have the calm of NED following the scans.  I wish you well.  Beth 3/B

BethA in VA
                                          Participant

Sending prayers and good vibes to both of you for good results.  Scans are good…anything there will be found very fast, but you will also have the calm of NED following the scans.  I wish you well.  Beth 3/B

Viewing 13 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics