The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Scans today!

Forums General Melanoma Community Scans today!

Participant

Hey Warriors,

Back down at MDA for my periodic scans today and another round of Pembro tomorrow. Scans will be resulted tomorrow so I'll update after I get some news. Hoping the PV-10/Keytruda combo has wiped out these last two nodes in my abdomen but proof will be in the pictures. 

Hope you are all warrioring well and kicking some Melanoma ass.

Tex

Viewing 10 reply threads
    • Replies
        iskitwo
        Participant

Hoping you get great news!!

Coragirl
          Participant

Keeping my fingers crossed for good results. I don't post often, but I follow you. My husband received his treatment and now his follow up at MDA. We live in the Dallas area. I love your attitude it makes me smile. 

Raco
            Participant

I wish you well and Good Results for  you.

Talk care

MichelleRHG
              Participant
                I hope you have great results, Tex. I’m at MDA right now but just had a big surgery or I would try to track you down for a quick minute to say hello.
                jbronicki
                Participant

nothing would make tomorrow any better than hearing good news Tex!  putting the vibes/prayers out there now!

Mark_DC
                  Participant

Good luck Tex, hope for good results

Mark

GeoTony
                    Participant

Good luck Tex

Bradley75
                      Participant

Praying for good results for you, my friend.

-Brad

TexMelanomex
                        Participant

Thanks Warriors!! Sitting in the waiting room…purgatory…but feeling pretty optimistic! I would love to report some great news already, but I don’t have any intel yet.

Kind of feels like I have my family sitting here with me after reading all these posts!

You are the best!

Warrior On!!

Kevin2016
                          Participant

Hey Tex, it was great to hear your good news! Question, I've been on Keytruda since the spring of 2017 when the melanoma metastisized to my liver and lungs. The Keytruda has worked well and my liver and lungs have been clear since last fall. My PET scan 2 weeks ago had 2 lymph nodes in my stomach area light up. They believe it's just inflammation, but we won't know for sure until my next scan in 3 months. Did the lymph nodes in your abdomen initially present as possible inflammation at first, or did they know it was melanoma right away? Just curious…thanks!

TexMelanomex
                              Participant

Sorry Kevin, I must have toally missed your post! My nodes first showed up as "punctate" and then got larger so they concluded it was melanoma. Not sure if that helps answer the question, as I never actually had a PET scan along the way, all CT and MRI. Hopefully that next scan shows that it was just some inflamation!

Tex

jszeoli
                              Participant

Praying for great news!

Viewing 10 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics