The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Scans once again

Forums General Melanoma Community Scans once again

Participant

Well things have been going pretty good.  I once again have a CT scan coming up Friday.  I had been doing really well with not stressing about it until today.  All of the sudden it hits me.  I am trying so hard not to worry especially since I've had pretty good scans up to now.  The crazy thing is I lost my support, husband, and now I have to do these things alone for the 1st time and do not want to.  No one is around on that day.  i even thought about re scheduling.  Not sure what to do right now.  Just know for sure I don't want to go a

Well things have been going pretty good.  I once again have a CT scan coming up Friday.  I had been doing really well with not stressing about it until today.  All of the sudden it hits me.  I am trying so hard not to worry especially since I've had pretty good scans up to now.  The crazy thing is I lost my support, husband, and now I have to do these things alone for the 1st time and do not want to.  No one is around on that day.  i even thought about re scheduling.  Not sure what to do right now.  Just know for sure I don't want to go alone…

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bonnets
        Participant

Do you have a good friend you can ask? That's what friends are for! Mine were good about being with me thru my hubby's Jean surgery. Praying the scans are OK,

Bonnets
          Participant

Do you have a good friend you can ask? That's what friends are for! Mine were good about being with me thru my hubby's Jean surgery. Praying the scans are OK,

Bonnets
            Participant

Swanee
              Participant

Lauri,  I can totally empathize with you on this one.  The first time I had to go by myself, I felt so lonely and lost.   I too, almost rescheduled.  Then I started thinking I must not be the only one who shows up all by themself.  When I called to possibly reschedule, sharing my reasons why, the scheduler was very supportive and reassured me that lots of patients come by themselves, arriving by shuttle, taxi or city bus.  It was then that I realized how lucky I had been up until this time to always have the luxury of my support team with me.  I decided it would be good for me to do this on my own as so many others had and I would be o.k., and I was : ) !!  I brought a book and just relaxed.  My blood pressure always seems to be high when  I have these appts but this time it was normal…….my psychology  worked!  If I could…. I would take you but that doesn't sound possible……so hope these words help you and I wish you all the best with your scans and the results.  Another little trick I use is…… not letting melanoma have any more of my time than it deserves.  So when I am not actually dealing with melanoma but rather all the possibilities that are floating all around it ……. I try hard to keep it from controlling my thoughts and happiness………I tell myself, I feel good today, I am going to get out and soak up life!

I am rootin for you Lauri…….YOU can do this!!  Good luck ๐Ÿ™‚

Swanee

Swanee
                Participant

Lauri,  I can totally empathize with you on this one.  The first time I had to go by myself, I felt so lonely and lost.   I too, almost rescheduled.  Then I started thinking I must not be the only one who shows up all by themself.  When I called to possibly reschedule, sharing my reasons why, the scheduler was very supportive and reassured me that lots of patients come by themselves, arriving by shuttle, taxi or city bus.  It was then that I realized how lucky I had been up until this time to always have the luxury of my support team with me.  I decided it would be good for me to do this on my own as so many others had and I would be o.k., and I was : ) !!  I brought a book and just relaxed.  My blood pressure always seems to be high when  I have these appts but this time it was normal…….my psychology  worked!  If I could…. I would take you but that doesn't sound possible……so hope these words help you and I wish you all the best with your scans and the results.  Another little trick I use is…… not letting melanoma have any more of my time than it deserves.  So when I am not actually dealing with melanoma but rather all the possibilities that are floating all around it ……. I try hard to keep it from controlling my thoughts and happiness………I tell myself, I feel good today, I am going to get out and soak up life!

Swanee

Swanee
                  Participant

Swanee

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics