The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Scans-not sure if it’s bad news

Forums General Melanoma Community Scans-not sure if it’s bad news

Participant

After finishing my second clinical trial(ALT-801) on Dec. 17 I had my CT scan on the 28th.

My neck nodules all look stable(thyroid involvement) but there seems to be some new lung nodules in both sides. We're not sure if they were there before, we never saw them but they could have been small I guess?

My oncologist seemed pretty bummed considering after my 1st trial I had immediate response, everything was either gone or very much shrunken.

After finishing my second clinical trial(ALT-801) on Dec. 17 I had my CT scan on the 28th.

My neck nodules all look stable(thyroid involvement) but there seems to be some new lung nodules in both sides. We're not sure if they were there before, we never saw them but they could have been small I guess?

My oncologist seemed pretty bummed considering after my 1st trial I had immediate response, everything was either gone or very much shrunken.

He's not completely convinced the lung nodules couldn't be acting up in response to the treatment and with my next set of scans in 4 weeks could be completely gone. I'm really really really hoping that is the case as my neck has gotten swollen on the outside qutie a bit since finishing treatment and that doesn't seem to be bigger at all on the scans.

It's just a little hard to take to hear there are some new things on the scans when I just finished treatement. I have my Brain Mri today just to rule that out. Of course I've been convinced as of late that I have something in the brain. Some little headaches that come and go, forgetfullness, writing the wrong check to the wrong person with the wrong date. I know all of these things are normal everyday occurances, it just makes my mind go to bad places when I'm dealing with this crap. I know you all understand where I'm coming from.

Anyway, headed to brain mri now, hoping that this is all a product of swelling and the treatment still working. Thanks for reading my novel.

Kellie, Stage IV hoping to be NED?

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        MaryD
        Participant

Hi Kellie,

I know how hard it is to deal with all the uncertainty and the "waiting " game.  But a lot of acitivity can occur after treatments so things very well may look a lot more settled down on the next scans.   As for the brain challenges, I did pulsed IL-2 treatments last year and really had time with that brain fog, forgetting things, you name it, for awhile.   It did get a lot better though!

Sending good thoughts that your brain MRI will be "uneventful" and that your ALT-801 treatments are doing their work!

Take care,

Mary

MaryD
          Participant

Hi Kellie,

I know how hard it is to deal with all the uncertainty and the "waiting " game.  But a lot of acitivity can occur after treatments so things very well may look a lot more settled down on the next scans.   As for the brain challenges, I did pulsed IL-2 treatments last year and really had time with that brain fog, forgetting things, you name it, for awhile.   It did get a lot better though!

Sending good thoughts that your brain MRI will be "uneventful" and that your ALT-801 treatments are doing their work!

Take care,

Mary

Vermont_Donna
            Participant

Dear Kellie,

Wishing you good results from your next scans. I know how easy it is for your mind to go to the dark side whenever you get new symptoms. Thats only natural for us dealing with this horrible cancer. Sending you positive thoughts!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

Vermont_Donna
              Participant

Dear Kellie,

Wishing you good results from your next scans. I know how easy it is for your mind to go to the dark side whenever you get new symptoms. Thats only natural for us dealing with this horrible cancer. Sending you positive thoughts!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

LynnLuc
                Participant

Kellie,

I am always holding my breath with each visit to the onc, with each scan etc etc etc..nothing will ever take that away. I have headaches, memory problems, concentration issues etc etc…I think the worse too! Remember we can deny it, but we get depressed because of our DX of stage 4 and they are also classic signs of depression…we are so hypervigilant anymore…acutely stressed.

I think if an angel came down tomorrow and said I was cured I would suffer the rest of my life from the trauma…carrying PTSD to the extreme!!

Hoping all will go fine!!

Lynn, Stage 4 NED

LynnLuc
                  Participant

Kellie,

I am always holding my breath with each visit to the onc, with each scan etc etc etc..nothing will ever take that away. I have headaches, memory problems, concentration issues etc etc…I think the worse too! Remember we can deny it, but we get depressed because of our DX of stage 4 and they are also classic signs of depression…we are so hypervigilant anymore…acutely stressed.

I think if an angel came down tomorrow and said I was cured I would suffer the rest of my life from the trauma…carrying PTSD to the extreme!!

Hoping all will go fine!!

Lynn, Stage 4 NED

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics