The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Scans look great…..except

Forums General Melanoma Community Scans look great…..except

Participant

My husband Ken just had his scans done last Thursday, was told everything was clean except for a

spot on his kidney. 2 years ago the same thing happened and they did a ultrasound, turned out to be

nothing. Ultrasound scheduled for Tuesday. Anxiety is through the roof again. Is there anyone who has just

had it spread to the kidney? We have been in this fight since Nov 2010 and with all my research I don't seem

to recall the kidney being a popular "first" spot to travel but then again we know it goes everywhere. My

husband God love him doesn't seemed concerned at all. I would never show him my fear that why this place

is such a gift!!!

Jewel

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        mwcollins
        Participant
          I can’t say that I have any experience wit kidney involvement. I’m still learning about all of this myself. My husband just moved to stage 4 recently when his moved from his arm to his small intestine, but wanted to agree with you about how priceless this forum is. Whenever I get scared, I read testimonials here and feel better. I’ll definitely add you to my prayers. I hope his calm nature is a good sign that he knows his body & knows he is OK.
          mwcollins
          Participant
            I can’t say that I have any experience wit kidney involvement. I’m still learning about all of this myself. My husband just moved to stage 4 recently when his moved from his arm to his small intestine, but wanted to agree with you about how priceless this forum is. Whenever I get scared, I read testimonials here and feel better. I’ll definitely add you to my prayers. I hope his calm nature is a good sign that he knows his body & knows he is OK.
            mwcollins
            Participant
              jmmm
              Participant

You're the second person I've heard that had a spot show up one kidney,  My husband had a spot show up on his kidney about 4 months ago,  it's not growing.  It's not shrinking.  No one knows what it is, but since it's not causing any trouble, we're leaving it alone.  I'd be interested to hear if others have a similar issue.

Momrn5
                  Participant

I have a spot on my kidney too small to even measure….hopefully we are just looking at cysts. Kidneys get them and they are usually harmless.

Momrn5
                    Participant

I have a spot on my kidney too small to even measure….hopefully we are just looking at cysts. Kidneys get them and they are usually harmless.

Momrn5
                      Participant

Patina
                        Participant

My Mom has a spot on one kidney too.  So, yes this does happen…

I wish you the best, but if it ends up being the worst everyone had 2 kidneys!

Patina
                          Participant

Patina
                            Participant

jmmm
                            Participant

You're the second person I've heard that had a spot show up one kidney,  My husband had a spot show up on his kidney about 4 months ago,  it's not growing.  It's not shrinking.  No one knows what it is, but since it's not causing any trouble, we're leaving it alone.  I'd be interested to hear if others have a similar issue.

jmmm
                              Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics