The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Scans Clear for another year…

Forums General Melanoma Community Scans Clear for another year…

Participant

Hello  Just wanted to share some good news, I have been NED for another year,  CT scan came back clear of Melanoma and still no sign of it.

It gives me great joy to post this, when I was first diagnosed I was not sure how it will all play out, seems since my surgery of removal 4-2010, the

Drs are pleased to not be able to find it anywhere almost two years later.  Thanks to all of you who post your updates, fears and joys on this board.

I still come in here at least twice a month and see how everyone is doing.

Hello  Just wanted to share some good news, I have been NED for another year,  CT scan came back clear of Melanoma and still no sign of it.

It gives me great joy to post this, when I was first diagnosed I was not sure how it will all play out, seems since my surgery of removal 4-2010, the

Drs are pleased to not be able to find it anywhere almost two years later.  Thanks to all of you who post your updates, fears and joys on this board.

I still come in here at least twice a month and see how everyone is doing.

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        triciad
        Participant

Congratulations…good news is always welcome here!!!  Here's to many more years of NED status!!!  Go celebrate!

Tricia

NYKaren
            Participant

Congratulations; many, many happy returns!

karen

killmel
              Participant

karen,

so happy to see your post. i was a litel worried that i have not seen a post from you for awhile. how about giving us an update?

Marybeth

killmel
                Participant

karen,

so happy to see your post. i was a litel worried that i have not seen a post from you for awhile. how about giving us an update?

Marybeth

killmel
                  Participant

karen,

Marybeth

NYKaren
                    Participant

karen

NYKaren
                      Participant

karen

triciad
                      Participant

Congratulations…good news is always welcome here!!!  Here's to many more years of NED status!!!  Go celebrate!

Tricia

triciad
                        Participant

Tricia

JerryfromFauq
                          Participant

Hope to remain here to read your posts for another decade or more!  Congrats!

JerryfromFauq
                            Participant

JerryfromFauq
                              Participant

Majalist
                                Participant

Such a wonderful news! Enjoy it and live a great life: one of the good things of having cancer is the apreciating you get for all the small things in life. Hope you can experience that for many, many years to come!!!

Marleen

Majalist
                                  Participant

Such a wonderful news! Enjoy it and live a great life: one of the good things of having cancer is the apreciating you get for all the small things in life. Hope you can experience that for many, many years to come!!!

Marleen

Majalist
                                    Participant

Marleen

melanomafighter
                                      Participant
                                        Helli all, just checking in its been since November 2011 so I thought I would get on here and say hello and still share no sign of Melanoma! Drs are starting to move appointments for skin checks to 6 months so twice a year went from every three to every four and now every six I have had several spots removed but none were Melanoma some were the simple skin cancer but had one squamous cell on back of my leg that was the worst, several off my face but none lately. Cancer Dr has dropped my check ins with him from every three months to four with blood checks to see if white or red blood cells have changed and a few other tests one of which I have to put my hands straight out in front of me and close my eyes? They dont move so I pass lol. I was ordered for the first time in my life to lose 6 Lbs he said at 172 I am over 25 percent of my body weight and told me to lose it because cancer patients need to be at their weight for me at 5′ 7″! Only other Dr is eye and my derm is very persistant in making sure I go once a year to check for Melanoma, it was confirmed the Interferron did cause a small cateract in each of my eyes and a slight precription was given for glasses with reflective lenses for the glars from headlights caused from my treatment. He also has me taking an eye vitamin to get them stronger again. My leg hasnt swelled at all, I have been in airplanes and roller coasters and walked long periods and no swelling. I am very grateful and blessed and thank the Lord everyday. Love and peace to all of you
                                          melanomafighter
                                          Participant
                                            Just checking in on all of you…things have been great for four years since this monster…I just had scans two weeks ago…still get scans xiety…I am a little worried because I had some allergic reactions that dr isnt sire of what…tried steriod packet right after last pill rash came right back…gave me injections of steriods..lasting three months..which will be June 15th..they caused terrible side effects which is now a lump/told buffelo hump fat pad from steriods but any new spot swollen is always an alarm and through all that my left leg now has lymphedema after all thse years of not having any swelling…the physical therapist said I either cut my leg, fell, or have some type of infection…I dont have any that I know of so will find out on Wednesday…will keep you posted…
                                            melanomafighter
                                            Participant
                                              Just checking in on all of you…things have been great for four years since this monster…I just had scans two weeks ago…still get scans xiety…I am a little worried because I had some allergic reactions that dr isnt sire of what…tried steriod packet right after last pill rash came right back…gave me injections of steriods..lasting three months..which will be June 15th..they caused terrible side effects which is now a lump/told buffelo hump fat pad from steriods but any new spot swollen is always an alarm and through all that my left leg now has lymphedema after all thse years of not having any swelling…the physical therapist said I either cut my leg, fell, or have some type of infection…I dont have any that I know of so will find out on Wednesday…will keep you posted…
                                              melanomafighter
                                              Participant
                                              melanomafighter
                                              Participant
                                                Helli all, just checking in its been since November 2011 so I thought I would get on here and say hello and still share no sign of Melanoma! Drs are starting to move appointments for skin checks to 6 months so twice a year went from every three to every four and now every six I have had several spots removed but none were Melanoma some were the simple skin cancer but had one squamous cell on back of my leg that was the worst, several off my face but none lately. Cancer Dr has dropped my check ins with him from every three months to four with blood checks to see if white or red blood cells have changed and a few other tests one of which I have to put my hands straight out in front of me and close my eyes? They dont move so I pass lol. I was ordered for the first time in my life to lose 6 Lbs he said at 172 I am over 25 percent of my body weight and told me to lose it because cancer patients need to be at their weight for me at 5′ 7″! Only other Dr is eye and my derm is very persistant in making sure I go once a year to check for Melanoma, it was confirmed the Interferron did cause a small cateract in each of my eyes and a slight precription was given for glasses with reflective lenses for the glars from headlights caused from my treatment. He also has me taking an eye vitamin to get them stronger again. My leg hasnt swelled at all, I have been in airplanes and roller coasters and walked long periods and no swelling. I am very grateful and blessed and thank the Lord everyday. Love and peace to all of you
                                                melanomafighter
                                                Participant
                                              Viewing 11 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics