The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Scans came back all clear

Forums General Melanoma Community Scans came back all clear

Participant

I can breathe again until the next scan!

I got a prescription for soma for my shoulder/neck pains. Has anyone tried this before? I am uninsured so I have to figure out how much it will cost me

I can breathe again until the next scan!

I got a prescription for soma for my shoulder/neck pains. Has anyone tried this before? I am uninsured so I have to figure out how much it will cost me

Viewing 9 reply threads
    • Replies
        RMcLegal
        Participant

Glad to hear your scans turned out well!  I always have to remind my wife that when a brain scan is "negative", that doesn't mean I don't have a brain, but she insists otherwise.  (Sorry, bad joke, but I can't help myself.)  Best wishes.

RMcLegal
          Participant

Glad to hear your scans turned out well!  I always have to remind my wife that when a brain scan is "negative", that doesn't mean I don't have a brain, but she insists otherwise.  (Sorry, bad joke, but I can't help myself.)  Best wishes.

EmilyandMike
            Participant

So happy for you Jessica – it is such a hard time waiting for scans.  We just went through it in Feb.  Pure hell.  My husband (stgage 3a, 18 mos NED) has had shoulder and neck pain issues also which they think is from the lymph node dissection – so they gave him physical therapy – but no meds.  The physical therapy worked well. 

Best

Emily  http://www.emandmichael.com

Ohdearjessica
                Participant

I am 3b and now also 18mo NED. My oncologist said that the whole area surrounding my surgical scars is super tight. I have tried physical therapy but with a little babe, no sitters (or money!) and no insurance, it's super hard. Now that it's getting armer out I'm going to try to do some stuff in the water, possibly some accupuncture or massage. I hate having to take meds constantly, but if I don't then it just hurts.

Ohdearjessica
                  Participant

I am 3b and now also 18mo NED. My oncologist said that the whole area surrounding my surgical scars is super tight. I have tried physical therapy but with a little babe, no sitters (or money!) and no insurance, it's super hard. Now that it's getting armer out I'm going to try to do some stuff in the water, possibly some accupuncture or massage. I hate having to take meds constantly, but if I don't then it just hurts.

EmilyandMike
                  Participant

So happy for you Jessica – it is such a hard time waiting for scans.  We just went through it in Feb.  Pure hell.  My husband (stgage 3a, 18 mos NED) has had shoulder and neck pain issues also which they think is from the lymph node dissection – so they gave him physical therapy – but no meds.  The physical therapy worked well. 

Best

Emily  http://www.emandmichael.com

RMcLegal
                    Participant

I kind of hate to say this, but I had 18 nodes removed from my armpit over seven years ago and I have still have some soreness there.  Low stress exercise, like swimming, has helped.  Take care.

Ohdearjessica
                        Participant

Yeah, I don't expect the pain to completely go away. I just hope that one day it won't be so bad! It's pretty intense surgery. I'm just no starting to be able to lift my left arm over my head

Ohdearjessica
                          Participant

Yeah, I don't expect the pain to completely go away. I just hope that one day it won't be so bad! It's pretty intense surgery. I'm just no starting to be able to lift my left arm over my head

RMcLegal
                          Participant

I kind of hate to say this, but I had 18 nodes removed from my armpit over seven years ago and I have still have some soreness there.  Low stress exercise, like swimming, has helped.  Take care.

MichaelFL
                            Participant

The generic of soma is Carisoprodol, and they are usually in doses of 350mg tablets. They are not too expensive. Do a little web surfing and you should be able to locate some online.

Michael

Ohdearjessica
                                Participant

I called some local pharmacies and got the generic for $20. Not so bad

Ohdearjessica
                                  Participant

I called some local pharmacies and got the generic for $20. Not so bad

MichaelFL
                                  Participant

The generic of soma is Carisoprodol, and they are usually in doses of 350mg tablets. They are not too expensive. Do a little web surfing and you should be able to locate some online.

Michael

KRob
                                    Participant

I missed this when I was responding to your first inquiry.

So glad all is well.

Karen

KRob
                                      Participant

I missed this when I was responding to your first inquiry.

So glad all is well.

Karen

Viewing 9 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics