The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Scans

Participant

"Significant shrinkage" generally aren't words you like to hear but I'll take them today. Have gone through a lot: damaged pituitary gland, vitiligo, now the suspicion of pneumonia (do not believe it is melanoma) but I'm beating the cancer right now and will continue to with the help of God. The clinical trial may keep me on board for now despite my responses but it is unknown when my treatments will resume.  Now to start antibiotics 

Viewing 23 reply threads
    • Replies
        Julie in SoCal
        Participant

Hey! Significant shrinkage isn't bad, Aaron!  You're beating back the beast bit by bit!  Good for you

Thanks for sharing!  Hope antibiotics do the trick and you're feeling better soon!

Julie

Aaron
            Participant

Here's the thing. I don't even know I'm "sick". The scan says I have the possibility of pneumonia coming on. I have no symptoms but the dr said it does not show the signs of melanoma in the lungs. 

Julie in SoCal
              Participant

Ha! wouln't it be like that!  Everything about Mel seems to be perverse!

I'm glad the dr said it does not seem to show the signs of mel in your lungs.  Well here's to hoping you stay feeling just fine!!  

Julie

Julie in SoCal
                Participant

I'm glad the dr said it does not seem to show the signs of mel in your lungs.  Well here's to hoping you stay feeling just fine!!  

Julie

Julie in SoCal
                  Participant

Julie

Aaron
                    Participant

Here's the thing. I don't even know I'm "sick". The scan says I have the possibility of pneumonia coming on. I have no symptoms but the dr said it does not show the signs of melanoma in the lungs. 

Aaron
                      Participant

Julie in SoCal
                      Participant

Hey! Significant shrinkage isn't bad, Aaron!  You're beating back the beast bit by bit!  Good for you

Thanks for sharing!  Hope antibiotics do the trick and you're feeling better soon!

Julie

Julie in SoCal
                        Participant

Julie

stars
                          Participant

Good news! Hopes and prayers for continued good response!

stars
                            Participant

stars
                              Participant

Bubbles
                                Participant

Shrinkage works! May it continue! Celeste

Bubbles
                                  Participant

Bubbles
                                    Participant

KAF
                                      Participant

I have been waiting for your update!  Thanks for the smile and laugh.  Significant shrinkage is awesome.  I hope to have the same news on the 13th when I get my scans done.  I still can't seem to get the pituitary to go down so I don't know what will follow but keep us updated on what you're going to be doing next to fight this thing. 

KAF
                                        Participant

I have been waiting for your update!  Thanks for the smile and laugh.  Significant shrinkage is awesome.  I hope to have the same news on the 13th when I get my scans done.  I still can't seem to get the pituitary to go down so I don't know what will follow but keep us updated on what you're going to be doing next to fight this thing. 

KAF
                                          Participant

Aaron
                                              Participant

I have no idea when my prednisone dosage will be lowered but I think I will be taking it for quite a while. My dr just refilled my prescription for it so…..

Aaron
                                                Participant

I have no idea when my prednisone dosage will be lowered but I think I will be taking it for quite a while. My dr just refilled my prescription for it so…..

Aaron
                                                  Participant

JoshF
                                                  Participant

Great news and prayers that shrinkage continues to NED!!!

Josh

JoshF
                                                    Participant

Josh

JoshF
                                                      Participant

Josh

BrianP
                                                        Participant

Congrats Aaron.  I suspected good things were in store for you on this scan.  Never want to jinx it though.  Enjoy the good news and hope the pneumonia is a non event for you.

Brian

BrianP
                                                          Participant

Congrats Aaron.  I suspected good things were in store for you on this scan.  Never want to jinx it though.  Enjoy the good news and hope the pneumonia is a non event for you.

Brian

BrianP
                                                            Participant

Brian

Aaron
                                                              Participant

Thank you all.

Aaron
                                                                Participant

Thank you all.

Aaron
                                                                  Participant

Thank you all.

Momofjake
                                                                    Participant

Happy to hear those words:) Good to still be pretty funny too. Stay positive!! That brain is a powerful weapon and lots of prayers from us:) Hope you are able to do some normal now!!

Happy for you,

Kerri

ps–how are you with the vitiligo?? I know it sucks, but Jake is really unhappy about that part plus keytruda didn't work. 

Momofjake
                                                                      Participant

Happy to hear those words:) Good to still be pretty funny too. Stay positive!! That brain is a powerful weapon and lots of prayers from us:) Hope you are able to do some normal now!!

Happy for you,

Kerri

ps–how are you with the vitiligo?? I know it sucks, but Jake is really unhappy about that part plus keytruda didn't work. 

Momofjake
                                                                        Participant

Happy for you,

Kerri

Viewing 23 reply threads
                                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics