The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Scan time again

Forums General Melanoma Community Scan time again

Participant

Hi all,

Hi all,

Just coming back to the boards (wow, have they changed!) because my husband has his annual scan tomorrow, and oncology appointment on Wed.  His bloodwork came back fine already.  If all is clear, he will be 8.5 years past his initial diagnosis at stage iiia.  Boy, the anxiety never goes away, but since clear scans have been the norm, it’s not terrible.  Last year, they found a little nodule in his liver, that turned out to be benign on further scans 3 months later.  I’m anticipating a repeat of last year – finding something – but hope it too is benign.  Last year, they did a more detaile CT scan rather than the PET/CTs he had gotten each year prior, so new stuff shows up, I guess.

Here’s hoping and praying for good scans…

Wendy

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Replies
        King
        Participant

Wendy,

Keep us posted.  We love good and encouraging news here.  Yes, the Board format has just recently changed so we’re all experiencing the learning curve.

Stay Strong
          King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver Mets

Sharon in Reno
            Participant

Hey Wendy,

Yes love good news, over 8 yrs makes me cry tears of hope & joy…good for him.. Sending you guys positive vibes for continued clear scans. And I am also still stumbling around the new BB format  and with no spell check… geez…. where’s my dictionary. Much love, Sharon in Reno, Stage IV

Laurie from maine
              Participant

hi,

positive thoughts coming your way!  thanks for posting.

laurie

akls
              Participant

Wendy,

Scan time is the pits!  I’m sure it will all turn out great.  He has a great track record!  Eight years is awesome. I just had my scans this year and I let it bother me for two weeks.  I’m only 18 months from diagnosis, but it sounds like that anxiety never totally goes away.  I’ll be praying for a good outcome for your husband.

Amy S. in Michigan

Carver
                Participant

Hi Wendy,

I’ll be sending out good thougths for your husband and hope the scan will be clear other than benign beasties. I have been five years NED at stage III but my PET scans show benign beasties every time I’ve gotten them (lungs, liver, and a variety of other places). It’s very common for benign issues to show up on scans although I know they can be unnerving. Regards, Carver

Rocklove
                  Participant

Wendy, Praying for Great Scans.

Rocky (Stage IV Liver Mets)

Kimmer
                    Participant

It does seem that scans bring forth more scans.  Isn’t it ridiculous how all this becomes the norm?  My anxiety level is not what it used to be…good as long as it doesn’t turn into complacency! 

Sending out the very best thoughts for a good outcome on the scan. 

And wow 8.5 years…WAHOO!

Take good care, K.

Lori C
                      Participant

Sending "NED" thoughts your way!

Jydnew
                        Participant

Update!  My husband’s scans are clear!  I don’t know the details, but his oncology nurse called to let us know that all is good.  (Can we say FANTASTIC office staff at St. Lukes Cancer Center??)

So, to recap for those of you looking for survivor stories (as I always have over the years), my husband has been NED for 8.5 years after a stage iiia diagnosis at age 26.  Primary was 1.3mm on the back of his left arm, micrometastasis in the axillary lymph node basin.  Wide excision on the lesion with sentinal node biopsy, followed up in 6 weeks with a complete removal of lymph nodes in the basin.  No other treatments.

Whew!!  😀  We’re going to celebrate tonight!

Viewing 6 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics