The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Scan results today, good news!!

Forums General Melanoma Community Scan results today, good news!!

Participant

Ok finally home from my visit and it's great news!! The spots in my lungs are GONE and the one in my neck went from 1.5 centimeters to 8 millimeters..All i can say is God is good and thank you to everyone for the prayers and positive thoughts..Scans again in 3 months to check to makes sure it's still working…Thank you Yervoy!! Stage 3 C and hopefully NED soon..

Viewing 38 reply threads
    • Replies
        BrianP
        Participant

Wow!!! Fantastic Ginger.  So happy for you.

BrianP
          Participant

BrianP
            Participant

sweetaugust
              Participant

Great to hear Ginger!  πŸ™‚  Love the good news!!!

Laurie

sweetaugust
                Participant

Laurie

sweetaugust
                  Participant

Laurie

Ginger8888
                    Participant

Thank you, i'm still in shock!

Ginger8888
                      Participant

Ginger8888
                        Participant

jbronicki
                          Participant

Wonderful news, very happy for you! 

jbronicki
                            Participant

jbronicki
                              Participant

SABKLYN
                                Participant

Terrific news!

SABKLYN
                                  Participant

Terrific news!

SABKLYN
                                    Participant

Terrific news!

RJoeyB
                                      Participant

Congratulations Ginger, hope you're able to set aside some of that shock and celebrate this great news!

Joe

RJoeyB
                                        Participant

Congratulations Ginger, hope you're able to set aside some of that shock and celebrate this great news!

Joe

Ginger8888
                                            Participant

Yes, plenty tears of joy today, thank you all..

Ginger8888
                                              Participant

Ginger8888
                                                Participant

RJoeyB
                                                Participant

Joe

Teri in Dayton
                                                  Participant

What wonderful news!!!

Teri in Dayton
                                                    Participant

What wonderful news!!!

Teri in Dayton
                                                      Participant

What wonderful news!!!

DZnDef
                                                        Participant

Fantastic news, Ginger!  I'm so very happy for you.  If I recall, you also did not have many side-effects from the Yervoy, is that correct?  Congratulations on your most excellent news!  May you be NED at your next scans.

DZnDef
                                                          Participant

Fantastic news, Ginger!  I'm so very happy for you.  If I recall, you also did not have many side-effects from the Yervoy, is that correct?  Congratulations on your most excellent news!  May you be NED at your next scans.

DZnDef
                                                            Participant

Ginger8888
                                                                Participant

That is correct, i had no side effects from Yervoy..Praying it continues to work,,,Thank you

Ginger8888
                                                                  Participant

That is correct, i had no side effects from Yervoy..Praying it continues to work,,,Thank you

Ginger8888
                                                                    Participant

jualonso
                                                                    Participant

Congratulations!!!!!

Your are in the right way. No doubt.

Jualonso

jualonso
                                                                      Participant

Congratulations!!!!!

Jualonso

jualonso
                                                                        Participant

Congratulations!!!!!

Jualonso

JoshF
                                                                          Participant

Just great news Ginger…..so happy for you!!! Keep it going!

JoshF
                                                                            Participant

JoshF
                                                                              Participant

arthurjedi007
                                                                                Participant

Awesome news πŸ™‚

Artie

arthurjedi007
                                                                                  Participant

Awesome news πŸ™‚

Artie

arthurjedi007
                                                                                    Participant

Awesome news πŸ™‚

Artie

Bubbles
                                                                                      Participant

Wonderful!!!

Nell
                                                                                          Participant

I am so happy for you!  I seem to be responding favorably to Yervoy as well…I have progressed to stage 4, but my first scans show multiple nodules decreasing and a few resolving.  I was only able to have 3 infusions because of colitis, so I hope that it will still be strong enough to continue working!  It is truly wonderful that there is new hope for those of us fighting this disease because of new treatment options. May God bless you and may you experience total healing!             Nell

Nell
                                                                                            Participant

I am so happy for you!  I seem to be responding favorably to Yervoy as well…I have progressed to stage 4, but my first scans show multiple nodules decreasing and a few resolving.  I was only able to have 3 infusions because of colitis, so I hope that it will still be strong enough to continue working!  It is truly wonderful that there is new hope for those of us fighting this disease because of new treatment options. May God bless you and may you experience total healing!             Nell

Nell
                                                                                              Participant

Bubbles
                                                                                              Participant

Wonderful!!!

Bubbles
                                                                                                Participant

Wonderful!!!

Ginger8888
                                                                                                  Participant

Thank you everybody, I think i'm still in a little shock since i've gotten my great news, it's hard to believe that 7 months ago after my surgery i was basically given a 20% chance of surviving this..For the first time since then i feel like i can focus on a future and boy does it feel good..I'm not and will never be totally out of the woods because there is no cure (that i can get my hands on anyway) for melanoma but the treatments are slowly getting rid of all of it…It may come back at some point in my life but with all the new treatments coming out i believe i will beat this, so i am living my life like i do have a great future..Time to start some new adventures..Have a great day!! 

theresar
                                                                                                      Participant

As you said Ginger- "God is Good!" Thank you for sharing this wonderful and promising news. This is so uplifting for those of us in the middle of therapy. I am stage 4 with liver and lung mets and just finished my 4th infusion yesterday. I too have had minimal if any S.E. except being tired.Although my belly is growing it seems to have stablized. My oncologist does not want to rescan for 6 weeks in order to give the Yervoy the best shot at having some effect on my tumors before scanning. God willing I will be able to share similar news in 6 weeks! Please share what some of those new adventures might be πŸ™‚

Ginger8888
                                                                                                        Participant

Positive thinking is the best medicine, my last treatment was Aug 13 and scans was on the sept 17 and i believe that it just takes some time for yervoy to work, some people are getting scans after their 2nd treatment with no improvement and pulled off of it, so hang in there and i wish the best for you..

Ginger8888
                                                                                                          Participant

Positive thinking is the best medicine, my last treatment was Aug 13 and scans was on the sept 17 and i believe that it just takes some time for yervoy to work, some people are getting scans after their 2nd treatment with no improvement and pulled off of it, so hang in there and i wish the best for you..

Ginger8888
                                                                                                            Participant

theresar
                                                                                                              Participant

As you said Ginger- "God is Good!" Thank you for sharing this wonderful and promising news. This is so uplifting for those of us in the middle of therapy. I am stage 4 with liver and lung mets and just finished my 4th infusion yesterday. I too have had minimal if any S.E. except being tired.Although my belly is growing it seems to have stablized. My oncologist does not want to rescan for 6 weeks in order to give the Yervoy the best shot at having some effect on my tumors before scanning. God willing I will be able to share similar news in 6 weeks! Please share what some of those new adventures might be πŸ™‚

theresar
                                                                                                                Participant

Ginger8888
                                                                                                                Participant

Thank you everybody, I think i'm still in a little shock since i've gotten my great news, it's hard to believe that 7 months ago after my surgery i was basically given a 20% chance of surviving this..For the first time since then i feel like i can focus on a future and boy does it feel good..I'm not and will never be totally out of the woods because there is no cure (that i can get my hands on anyway) for melanoma but the treatments are slowly getting rid of all of it…It may come back at some point in my life but with all the new treatments coming out i believe i will beat this, so i am living my life like i do have a great future..Time to start some new adventures..Have a great day!! 

Ginger8888
                                                                                                                  Participant

Viewing 38 reply threads
                                                                                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byΒ MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics