The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Scan results – Stage IV NED 4 years 2 months

Forums General Melanoma Community Scan results – Stage IV NED 4 years 2 months

Participant

We had a scare today with scans. The doctors thought that a spot on my husband's spine might be melanoma so we had to do another scan MRI of the back to check it closer. It ended up being inflamation. We were so relieved words cannot even express it. My husband progressed to stage IV when our kids were 1 and 3 years old. Here we are 7 years later, 3 of those years spent working towards NED. This has been such an emotional roller coaster ride, but we are thankful each day that we have enjoyed and spent doing things with the kids and that he is here for them.

I just wanted to share some good news.

Rebecca

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        sbrooks90
        Participant

Thats amazing!

So great to hear another success story, I wish you guys all the best 🙂

Samuel

sbrooks90
          Participant

Thats amazing!

Samuel

sbrooks90
            Participant

Thats amazing!

Samuel

POW
              Participant

That's wonderful news, Rebecca! Thank you for sharing it.

Keep doing whatever it is that you have been doing!!

POW
                Participant

POW
                  Participant

JoshF
                    Participant
                      Thanks for sharing! All great to hear good news. Stay NED!!!!

Josh

Rebecca and Bob
                        Participant

Josh,

I know you recently had surgery, I read this site every week to see how others are doing. I hope you get good news soon and can keep moving forward. There are people out there that are just living their lives after stage IV and they don't visit here as often.

Again, I hope you get good news.

Rebecca

Rebecca and Bob
                          Participant

Josh,

I know you recently had surgery, I read this site every week to see how others are doing. I hope you get good news soon and can keep moving forward. There are people out there that are just living their lives after stage IV and they don't visit here as often.

Rebecca

Rebecca and Bob
                            Participant

Josh,

Rebecca

JoshF
                              Participant
                                Thanks Rebecca. I’m really hoping for good news so I can get on with life. Keep posting good news…it’s encouraging to here. Enjoy those kids! Mine have birthdays this week…daughter is 7 today! Son is 10 tomorrow! All the best.
                                JoshF
                                Participant
                                  Thanks Rebecca. I’m really hoping for good news so I can get on with life. Keep posting good news…it’s encouraging to here. Enjoy those kids! Mine have birthdays this week…daughter is 7 today! Son is 10 tomorrow! All the best.
                                  JoshF
                                  Participant
                                  JoshF
                                  Participant

Josh

JoshF
                                    Participant

Josh

kkhalsten
                                      Participant

Hi Rebecca! Did your husband participate in any type of treatment 7 hears ago? Just curious! Thanks!

Rebecca and Bob
                                          Participant

Yes, GP100 vaccine, then IL-2 then surgery. I have a profile although I wonder with the new site if it's still there.

Rebecca and Bob
                                            Participant

Yes, GP100 vaccine, then IL-2 then surgery. I have a profile although I wonder with the new site if it's still there.

Rebecca and Bob
                                              Participant

kkhalsten
                                              Participant

Hi Rebecca! Did your husband participate in any type of treatment 7 hears ago? Just curious! Thanks!

kkhalsten
                                                Participant

HopefulOne
                                                  Participant

This is so wonderful to hear. Thank you for the inspiration to always be hopeful. Continued best wishes to you both!!!

HopefulOne
                                                    Participant

This is so wonderful to hear. Thank you for the inspiration to always be hopeful. Continued best wishes to you both!!!

NYKaren
                                                        Participant
                                                          Hi Rebecca,

Thank you so much for posting. So glad to hear that Bob remains NED and that you’re both enjoying life with your family.

Karen

NYKaren
                                                          Participant
                                                            Hi Rebecca,

Thank you so much for posting. So glad to hear that Bob remains NED and that you’re both enjoying life with your family.

Karen

NYKaren
                                                            Participant
                                                              Hi Rebecca,

Karen

HopefulOne
                                                            Participant

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics