The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

scan results, another brain met

Forums General Melanoma Community scan results, another brain met

Participant

Yesterday I went for CT scans and a brain MRI.  The news was mixed.    The CT showed the lung nodule has remained stable so we are waiting again.  It's now been about 18 months with only growth of a few mm.   The brain mri was a follow up from 8 weeks ago when they weren't sure if I was having a recurrance, necrosis or scar tissue.  The good news was that it was scar tissue and is shrinking!!!    Since this is deep in the brain it would be difficult area to remove again.  The bad news was a new met.  This one is small.

Yesterday I went for CT scans and a brain MRI.  The news was mixed.    The CT showed the lung nodule has remained stable so we are waiting again.  It's now been about 18 months with only growth of a few mm.   The brain mri was a follow up from 8 weeks ago when they weren't sure if I was having a recurrance, necrosis or scar tissue.  The good news was that it was scar tissue and is shrinking!!!    Since this is deep in the brain it would be difficult area to remove again.  The bad news was a new met.  This one is small….. 3.3mm. It is in an area to get to.  Last time my large tumor responded at 4 months by killing 70% of the tumor so I am hoping this time it blasts it away much quicker with no issues.  I had the crainectomy because of the edema and how the steroids were wasting my body.

This met is so much smaller and at an easier area. The best news is no steroids!   I do admit that I'm upset that another one has shown up so quickly.  Hopefully this will occur next week.  The receptionist has not called yet to schedule. 

I am still having some issues from the last tumor.  Neck issues, off and on eye problems, weak knees ect.  I have an appointment on Monday with a Nuerologist who will hopefully help me deal with these issues. 

I was offered a trial with dabrafenib but choose to stay with the SRS. 

Linda

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        akls
        Participant

Linda,

Sorry about the new find, I'm glad it's small and should be much easier for you to deal with.  Yippee for no steroids!  Hope you get all this taken care of soon so you can enjoy. 

Take care,

Amy S. in Michigan

akls
          Participant

Linda,

Sorry about the new find, I'm glad it's small and should be much easier for you to deal with.  Yippee for no steroids!  Hope you get all this taken care of soon so you can enjoy. 

Take care,

Amy S. in Michigan

akls
            Participant

Linda,

Take care,

Amy S. in Michigan

King
              Participant

Hi Linda,

I'm sorry to read about the new SMALL brain met and the neuro issues you are dealing with.  Gosh, I sure wish you could get a break.  It does sound like you have some good options though.  Get rid of it…the sooner the better.  One day at a time.

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV  7/05  Liver mets

King
                Participant

Hi Linda,

I'm sorry to read about the new SMALL brain met and the neuro issues you are dealing with.  Gosh, I sure wish you could get a break.  It does sound like you have some good options though.  Get rid of it…the sooner the better.  One day at a time.

Stay Strong

King

King
                  Participant

Hi Linda,

Stay Strong

King

robyn44
                    Participant

Linda

DANG IT!  You responded so well the last time to SRS, no reason to think you wont this time either! Thinking about you!

Robyn

robyn44
                      Participant

Linda

DANG IT!  You responded so well the last time to SRS, no reason to think you wont this time either! Thinking about you!

Robyn

robyn44
                        Participant

Linda

Robyn

hope4cure1
                          Participant

Linda,  I am glad to hear that your lung met is stable, and the old brain met continues to shrink!  If you had to get bad news, good thing it's a small met that will be easy to get to, and without the need for steroids!  You're a tough woman, Linda, and you will do great with srs.  Please keep us posted and know that you will be in our prayers.

Hope

hope4cure1
                            Participant

Linda,  I am glad to hear that your lung met is stable, and the old brain met continues to shrink!  If you had to get bad news, good thing it's a small met that will be easy to get to, and without the need for steroids!  You're a tough woman, Linda, and you will do great with srs.  Please keep us posted and know that you will be in our prayers.

Hope

hope4cure1
                              Participant

Hope

triciad
                                Participant

Linda,

You have been through so much and have come out a winner each time.  I expect nothing less for this baby met!  Last year, I was on steroids for a few weeks.  Afterwards, I had some joint pain.  My doctor said it could have been from the steroids.  I hope you can get some relief.  You're in my prayers…good luck with the SRS…you can do it!!!!

Tricia

triciad
                                  Participant

Linda,

You have been through so much and have come out a winner each time.  I expect nothing less for this baby met!  Last year, I was on steroids for a few weeks.  Afterwards, I had some joint pain.  My doctor said it could have been from the steroids.  I hope you can get some relief.  You're in my prayers…good luck with the SRS…you can do it!!!!

Tricia

NYKaren
                                      Participant
                                        Dear Linda,
                                        You really need a break, and I really hope this small met can be gotten rid of quickly. I think about you often with everything you’ve been through and all the encouragement you give to me and others. Thankfully no steroids. Can you believe some people actually like them?
                                        WEAK KNEES— I can so relate–I call the way I go up stairs to trains & subways the “pull and haul” method.
                                        Let’s kick this beast’s ass!
                                        Hugs,
                                        Karen
                                        NYKaren
                                        Participant
                                          Dear Linda,
                                          You really need a break, and I really hope this small met can be gotten rid of quickly. I think about you often with everything you’ve been through and all the encouragement you give to me and others. Thankfully no steroids. Can you believe some people actually like them?
                                          WEAK KNEES— I can so relate–I call the way I go up stairs to trains & subways the “pull and haul” method.
                                          Hugs,
                                          Karen
                                          NYKaren
                                          Participant
                                            Dear Linda,
                                            Hugs,
                                            Karen
                                          triciad
                                          Participant

Linda,

Tricia

Karin L
                                            Participant

Well now, geez Linda.   I am sorry to hear of the *small* setback .  Ok, kick this little one's butt and quickly!  Praying this will be the last before your long overdue break.

Karin

Karin L
                                              Participant

Well now, geez Linda.   I am sorry to hear of the *small* setback .  Ok, kick this little one's butt and quickly!  Praying this will be the last before your long overdue break.

Karin

Karin L
                                                Participant

Karin

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics