The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Scan Results

Forums General Melanoma Community Scan Results

Participant

Warriors,

I am happy to report that my scans yesterday remained clear and I remain NED. This marks the third round of clear scans so I’m somewhere between 6-9 months NED at this point. Hard to say when the “magic” happened, I just know that it has been at least six months. God is good. 

Now, for the warriors still deep in the fight, know this. The battle is winnable, the enemy has vulnerabilities, and the Warrior mindset is key. Stay in the fight. 

Your warrior brother,

Tex

Viewing 12 reply threads
    • Replies
        ed williams
        Participant

You have to like good scans!!! Keep sharing the good news, there is never enough of it around here!!!Ed

TexMelanomex
            Participant

I'm going to do my best to keep sharing the good news every chance I can! Thank you.

Bubbles
            Participant

That is wonderful news!!  Enjoy!!!  Celeste

TexMelanomex
                Participant

Thank you Celeste! I hope you are doing well and kicking a$$!

lkb
                Participant

Hooray! Good news always gives me hope. Thanks for posting.

Lisa

casagrayson
                  Participant

Great news, Tex!

GeoTony
                    Participant

Great news

Momofjake
                      Participant

Tex,

Between your win and BrianP telling Jake to “keep looking for that silver bullet” I find some renewed hope. I am with Maureen right now…in the past I just knew Jake would get over the “hump” and get that NED scan. We just finished year 4. He has done: 7 surgeries, biochemo, interferon, radiation, pembro, ipi, Mek/Taf, and the beast pushes through them all. This time it’s brain, heart, bones, liver, muscles…he has the scars, bald part of his head, vitiligo, and says he is tired like an 80 year old man. Now he is on his first clinical trial in LA w Hamid. C-met with an ipi like drug. He is waiting for BrianP’s trial to open again as well.

He is 21 now. He is quiet. He just signed up for a winter tennis league!! He just finished another online class. He believes. You say “IT” has vulnerabilities….okay!! All of you battling away truly amaze me!! You find your fight over and over and over. Those of us who are with you are in awe of you and we love you and we will fight and believe with you! It’s all we can do. We hope it helps and we hope for a scan like you got today!! 

Thank you very much for sharing and encouraging! 

Cheers to your awesome scan, and many more to come!!

Kerri

TexMelanomex
                          Participant

Kerri,

I can't tell you how many times I've though of you and Jake over the past year. You were one of the first people to respond to me on here and you told me about Jake and the bolster on his head (which I also had). That seems like eons ago now, but I remember it all too well. Jake is an incredible Warrior and so are you! I love that he is playing tennis and taking classes with all of this going on, what an inspiration. Your post motivates me!

Jake remains in my prayers and thoughts, and he will find the combination that finally puts this beast down for good! I am glad he is looking at trials and obviously I cannot say enough good about the one I was in.

In your corner,

Tex

Nick C
                          Participant

tex,

This is great news! It gives us all hope that our fights are worth it.

NIck

TexMelanomex
                              Participant

Nick,

Thank you! Absolutely your fight is worth it brother, you stay in that fight and do not relent! I know this bastard can be beat.

Tex

jennunicorn
                              Participant

Woo!! High five! 

TexMelanomex
                                  Participant

Thanks Jenn!

High five back at you!

Julie in SoCal
                                  Participant

Wooohooooo!  Happy dancing with you here in SoCal!

Julie

TexMelanomex
                                      Participant

Thank you Julie! I can't see you dancing, but I just know your happy dance is amazing!

MichelleRHG
                                      Participant
                                        Yay!
                                        WithinMySkin
                                        Participant

Whoop whoop!! Congrats!!!

mandyjill
                                          Participant

Woohoo! Great news!

MelanomaMike
                                            Participant
                                              Yeeeeeeha! I just knew youde be NED, its your time to BREEEEATH brother! if not NED for the rest of your days, great News & always good to see ya check in..WARRIOR STRONG!
                                          Viewing 12 reply threads
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics