The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Scan Results

Forums General Melanoma Community Scan Results

Participant

Had my Scans yesterday. Still have the (approximately Innumerable) lung tumors at the same sizes and locations they have been at. Have a sore neck, told Onc that I thought a good massage would help this, that I didn't suspect it to be from my Mel. He felt the area and agreed (No nodes enlarging.) Reported a darking lump on the inside of my right shin. Three weeks ago it was large and sore. I waited to see if it would go away. I delayed reporting it to the Once since I had an appointment in three weeks. Figured would see what happened to determine if I should ask, before the appointment, for the scan to cover my leg. It has gone down much in size, is harder and has gotten darker. So waited to see the Onc first. My logic is that I suspect that It is a place I banged hard, (without knowing it at the time???) The Onc checked it and said they could do an FNA if it doesn't continue going down. For me to keep him informed. Fine with me, it's my decision as to what and when he will do what. (Cops pulled me over on the way home that night for a headlight that went out. Hopefully won't bang my leg while working on the car today!!)

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        JoshF
        Participant
          Jerry-

Sounds good that everything is stable. Glad to hear that! As far as the leg…you could’ve banged the heck out of it and not known… I’m famous for that. Takes weeks to heal. Hopefully you didn’t get a ticket!!

JoshF
          Participant
            Jerry-

Sounds good that everything is stable. Glad to hear that! As far as the leg…you could’ve banged the heck out of it and not known… I’m famous for that. Takes weeks to heal. Hopefully you didn’t get a ticket!!

JoshF
            Participant
              Jerry-

JerryfromFauq
                Participant

NO ticket.  New young cop.  was nice.  Didn't even look at my inspection sticker which ran out the 1st.  When he asked what I had had to drink, I handed him my Pepsi can.

NYKaren
                  Participant
                    Hi Jerry,
                    I was wondering how you made out. Too bad the onc doesn”t have a massage therapist on staff. Actually, not a bad idea, considering the stress levels most of us are under.
                    Take care,
                    Karen
                    NYKaren
                    Participant
                      Hi Jerry,
                      I was wondering how you made out. Too bad the onc doesn”t have a massage therapist on staff. Actually, not a bad idea, considering the stress levels most of us are under.
                      Take care,
                      Karen
                      NYKaren
                      Participant
                        Hi Jerry,
                        Take care,
                        Karen
                        JerryfromFauq
                        Participant

NO ticket.  New young cop.  was nice.  Didn't even look at my inspection sticker which ran out the 1st.  When he asked what I had had to drink, I handed him my Pepsi can.

JerryfromFauq
                          Participant

BrianP
                            Participant

Scan results sound great Jerry.  Nice meeting you at UVA.  Hope the spot on the leg continues to shrink.

Brian

BrianP
                              Participant

Scan results sound great Jerry.  Nice meeting you at UVA.  Hope the spot on the leg continues to shrink.

Brian

BrianP
                                Participant

Brian

JerryfromFauq
                                  Participant

Enjoyed meeting you and your Father.  It's nice when I'm Dr Weiss's last patient of the day.  He was running behind, You probably already knew that, and when I got in we sat and chatted for an extra half hour.  It was expecially interesting when we went over a couple of discussions relating to IL-2, strokes, wild type genes, etc. Items that I was attacked for on another site and told that I shouldn't be saying what I did, IF I wasn't an Oncologist.  I received 100% backing from him for what I had said in my posts.  I did forget to ask him one question I wanted to, especially after he noted that You and I had met today.  Quesstion is: "Aare there any HLA requirements for the Trial that you are in at UVA?

Take care!

JerryfromFauq
                                    Participant

Enjoyed meeting you and your Father.  It's nice when I'm Dr Weiss's last patient of the day.  He was running behind, You probably already knew that, and when I got in we sat and chatted for an extra half hour.  It was expecially interesting when we went over a couple of discussions relating to IL-2, strokes, wild type genes, etc. Items that I was attacked for on another site and told that I shouldn't be saying what I did, IF I wasn't an Oncologist.  I received 100% backing from him for what I had said in my posts.  I did forget to ask him one question I wanted to, especially after he noted that You and I had met today.  Quesstion is: "Aare there any HLA requirements for the Trial that you are in at UVA?

Take care!

JerryfromFauq
                                      Participant

Take care!

Tina D
                                      Participant

I am glad things are stable and nothing new going on. Sounds like the area on your shin is resolving. Also…glad you did not get a ticket! ๐Ÿ™‚

Tina

Tina D
                                        Participant

I am glad things are stable and nothing new going on. Sounds like the area on your shin is resolving. Also…glad you did not get a ticket! ๐Ÿ™‚

Tina

Tina D
                                          Participant

Tina

Rick from NC
                                            Participant

Hang in there, Jerry! I enjoy reading your posts.  I'm still doing fine myself.  NED now 21 years after IL-2.

Best wishes,  Rick

Rick from NC
                                              Participant

Hang in there, Jerry! I enjoy reading your posts.  I'm still doing fine myself.  NED now 21 years after IL-2.

Best wishes,  Rick

Rick from NC
                                                Participant

Best wishes,  Rick

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics