The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Run out of options

Forums General Melanoma Community Run out of options

Participant

Hey gang…

After doing both Yervoy and Keytuda( twice), and three clinical trials,I was told that there are no new tials available. And if there were, my physical state would not be able to withstand any side affects…down to 115 lbs.

Hospice has been called in. I am still mobile to some extent, but have no energy or strength. My mind is clear but my body doesn't want to follow it's demands.

This is not my final post, but I needed to keep you aware of what is going on. I will continue my fight until my last breath. I know you will do the same.

Nick

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        jennunicorn
        Participant

Dangit it Nick, I am so sorry. Keeping positive thoughts for you as always. 

Nick C
            Participant

Thank you

tedtell1
            Participant

Gosh Nick that sucks! I hope and pray for peace and comfort for you and your family. I hope that the treatments that they do give you keep you comfortable and at ease. Glad that you are warrioring on.

Peace,

Ted

Nick C
                Participant

Thank you

Bubbles
                Participant

Sending much love and big hugs.  Hang tough.  You inspire us all.  Love, les

Nick C
                    Participant

And you for me.

Nick

KellyH
                    Participant

Nick you are an inspiration. Your strength, courage and determination is a lesson to us all!!! 

Praying for you and your family as you continue your fight!!! 

Kelly 

Nick C
                        Participant

Thank you.

Nick

Nick C
                          Participant

Thank you.

Nick

RichInLife2
                          Participant

Nick,

Sending thoughts and prayers out to you and your family. Good luck!!

-Rich

Nick C
                              Participant

Thank you.

Nick

Centurion
                                Participant

damn I know its not easy but never ever give up

GeoTony
                                Participant

So sad to hear that Nick, you've fought a brave fight and inspired all of us here. Good luck to you, all your family and friends, this disease doesn't discriminate, all we can do is fight and keep on fighting.

Tony

sing123
                                  Participant

Nick, I am deeply sorry. Will keep you and your family in my thoughts. 

Nick C
                                      Participant
                                        Thank you
                                      Julie in SoCal
                                      Participant

I'm so sorry to hear this Nick!

Praying for peace and healing for you and your family during this time,

Julie

Nick C
                                          Participant
                                            Thank you.
                                          ourvan
                                          Participant

We don't know each other, but we fight the same fight in different stages, so we're together in this.  Keeping you my thoughts and prayers – may comfort find you, may peace surround you.  Blessings to you and your family.

Nick C
                                              Participant
                                                thank you.
                                              jbronicki
                                              Participant
                                                Oh Nick, I’m so sorry to hear that you are struggling. Know that we are all holding you up and in our hearts and praying for a turnaround no matter what. I hope Hospice can provide some needed relief. You are a true warrior and you make us all proud as a leading rattie, as Les likes to say.
                                                Hugs and love,
                                                Jackie
                                                  Nick C
                                                  Participant

Thank you. The hospice care I am receiving could not be better. I have four different people coming to see me…a nurse, a doctor, a chaplain and a aide.

CindyJ
                                                  Participant
                                                    Prayers for you Nick. May God hold you in his loving arms and heal you completely. Amen.
                                                    lkb
                                                    Participant
                                                      I’m glad the Hospice care is helpful. Wishing you every comfort.
                                                  Viewing 11 reply threads
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics