The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Roll call Anti-Pd1 trial participants

Forums General Melanoma Community Roll call Anti-Pd1 trial participants

Participant

Please list which trial you're on, date started, and where and next scans, plus any wise effect or results info you want to share.  Lots of us are on this and some of the 12 week scans are showing great results.  

Robert B. started March 15, UCSF, scans June 5. Just had 3rd infusion, some bone and muscle ache and slight rash.  Not a problem.

Please list which trial you're on, date started, and where and next scans, plus any wise effect or results info you want to share.  Lots of us are on this and some of the 12 week scans are showing great results.  

Robert B. started March 15, UCSF, scans June 5. Just had 3rd infusion, some bone and muscle ache and slight rash.  Not a problem.

Viewing 26 reply threads
    • Replies
        LynnLuc
        Participant

you know me! started in fall 2010 MDX 1106- scans mid March show all clear….booster phase now- ( every 3 months I get my anti pd 1) NED 2 years and nearly 1 month! The trial is a walk in the park considering all the other stuff we've done.

LynnLuc
          Participant

you know me! started in fall 2010 MDX 1106- scans mid March show all clear….booster phase now- ( every 3 months I get my anti pd 1) NED 2 years and nearly 1 month! The trial is a walk in the park considering all the other stuff we've done.

LynnLuc
            Participant

LynnLuc
              Participant

LynnLuc
                Participant

LynnLuc
                  Participant

WendyR3
                    Participant

REALLY hope to be able to respond to your roll-call later this week!  Keep your fingers crossed for us.

Wendy

WendyR3
                      Participant

REALLY hope to be able to respond to your roll-call later this week!  Keep your fingers crossed for us.

Wendy

WendyR3
                        Participant

Wendy

audgator
                          Participant

MDX 1106, no vacines  @ Moffitt. I've had 3 infusions with no side effects except itching at the injection site. I think that's from the tape. Anyone else haqve an opinion or similar problem? Scans are scheduled for May 31st.   Dan

audgator
                            Participant

MDX 1106, no vacines  @ Moffitt. I've had 3 infusions with no side effects except itching at the injection site. I think that's from the tape. Anyone else haqve an opinion or similar problem? Scans are scheduled for May 31st.   Dan

audgator
                              Participant

melmar
                                Participant
                                  Margo – on Merck 3475. Just had 12 week scan. Considered a partial responder with reduction in existing tumors of approximately 50%. More importantly no new spots in brain, lungs or elsewhere. Have experienced some very minor side effects hardly worth mentioning — gastrointestinal issues, a slight rash early on, and — more recently — muscle aches. Next scan is in July. Feeling optimistic!
                                  melmar
                                  Participant
                                    Margo – on Merck 3475. Just had 12 week scan. Considered a partial responder with reduction in existing tumors of approximately 50%. More importantly no new spots in brain, lungs or elsewhere. Have experienced some very minor side effects hardly worth mentioning — gastrointestinal issues, a slight rash early on, and — more recently — muscle aches. Next scan is in July. Feeling optimistic!
                                    melmar
                                    Participant
                                      Bubbles
                                      Participant

Started MDX1106 and vaccines at Moffitt, Tampa, FL…12/29/10. Vaccines and antiPD1 every 2 weeks for 6 months, now antiPD1 only every 3 months for a total of 24 months.  Scans every 3 months throughout. Was Stage IV resected at start.  Still NED. Next scans and treatment in June. c

Bubbles
                                        Participant

Started MDX1106 and vaccines at Moffitt, Tampa, FL…12/29/10. Vaccines and antiPD1 every 2 weeks for 6 months, now antiPD1 only every 3 months for a total of 24 months.  Scans every 3 months throughout. Was Stage IV resected at start.  Still NED. Next scans and treatment in June. c

Bubbles
                                          Participant

keesvp
                                            Participant

Mariëtte, my wife. At UCSF, like you. First infusion 4/11. No clear side effects until now. Suddenly seems to have some kind of pollen allergy though.

Kees

keesvp
                                              Participant

Mariëtte, my wife. At UCSF, like you. First infusion 4/11. No clear side effects until now. Suddenly seems to have some kind of pollen allergy though.

Kees

keesvp
                                                Participant

Kees

WendyR3
                                                  Participant

Yay!  We can join the list!  My husband Jimmy started the Merck PD-1 trial at UCSF yesterday, April 23.  Went well.

Wendy

WendyR3
                                                    Participant

Yay!  We can join the list!  My husband Jimmy started the Merck PD-1 trial at UCSF yesterday, April 23.  Went well.

Wendy

WendyR3
                                                      Participant

Wendy

TracyR
                                                        Participant
                                                          My first 8 week scan showed 20% tumor reduction. I’m on CT-011 and go for another scan in 3 weeks.
                                                            Anonymous1
                                                            Participant

Hi Tracy,

I was on the CT-011 trial and had no response. I also understood the entire trial was suspended for evaluation, and that there was almost no evidence of anyone getting a positive response (at least 50 people were enrolled, perhaps more). As far as I know, you are the only possible responder. I am very interested to know more about your situation if you can tell me, either in an answer here, or in a personal email if you prefer. Apparently you were on Ipi in 2010, and NED after until this one node came back. I gather you are receiving treatment at Nashville (Dr. Sossman?), and wonder if you have heard of anyone else getting a response to this drug there. It is quite important to know whatever we can learn. If yours is a real and continuing response, it means this drug may be useful against melanoma. If there is some question about it at all, we may be able to argue we can get on other anti-PD1 trials down the line.

Best,

Jonathan

killmel
                                                              Participant

Hi Jonathan,

That is very interesting about CT-011.

How many people at your site location were on your trial & got no response??? Has you doctor confirmed to you that no one is getting a response with melanoma??

It sounds like Tracy is still getting the drug. How is that possible if the trial was suspended??

David

killmel
                                                                Participant

Hi Jonathan,

How many people at your site location were on your trial & got no response??? Has you doctor confirmed to you that no one is getting a response with melanoma??

It sounds like Tracy is still getting the drug. How is that possible if the trial was suspended??

David

killmel
                                                                  Participant

Hi Jonathan,

David

Anonymous1
                                                                    Participant

Hi Tracy,

I was on the CT-011 trial and had no response. I also understood the entire trial was suspended for evaluation, and that there was almost no evidence of anyone getting a positive response (at least 50 people were enrolled, perhaps more). As far as I know, you are the only possible responder. I am very interested to know more about your situation if you can tell me, either in an answer here, or in a personal email if you prefer. Apparently you were on Ipi in 2010, and NED after until this one node came back. I gather you are receiving treatment at Nashville (Dr. Sossman?), and wonder if you have heard of anyone else getting a response to this drug there. It is quite important to know whatever we can learn. If yours is a real and continuing response, it means this drug may be useful against melanoma. If there is some question about it at all, we may be able to argue we can get on other anti-PD1 trials down the line.

Best,

Jonathan

Anonymous1
                                                                      Participant

Hi Tracy,

Best,

Jonathan

TracyR
                                                                        Participant

Hi there Jonathan,

You got most of my history correct, except early in 2011 we discovered a soft tissue tumor in my pelvis which is inoperable.

After Ipi I did the B-RAF inhibitor and it worked wonders on my tumor! I had a lot of difficulty with side effects then I had tumor progression.

I believe I was one of the last people to enter the Anti-PD1 trial at Nashville and then the study closed (stopped accruing patients).

I think my minimal (not even partial) response was quite a surprise to me and my medical team!  We were not really expecting it. The location of my tumor is such that I can feel it when it's bigger and smaller so I really already knew the scan would confirm that it had reduced in size.

I'm not sure how the other 13 or so are doing.

All I know is there sometimes is no clear explanation of why a drug works and why it doesn't. My friend in AZ is one of the only responders to Sorafanib.  She's maintained stable tumors for 5 years!

Prayer works and keeping a positive attitude and knowing that God is the driver on this highway helps a great deal!!! 

May God bless and keep you!

Tracy

Anonymous1
                                                                          Participant

Thanks so much, Tracy, for your reply and good wishes – they mean a lot, as you know.

How many infusions of CT-011 did you get, or are you still getting them? When I went on, they said it would go every 2 weeks for up to a year (I quit after 10 weeks, or 5 infusions). From what I understand (a lot of it probably internet chatter), you may be the only person in the USA who has gotten a positive response.

With all best wishes,

Jonathan

Anonymous1
                                                                            Participant

Thanks so much, Tracy, for your reply and good wishes – they mean a lot, as you know.

How many infusions of CT-011 did you get, or are you still getting them? When I went on, they said it would go every 2 weeks for up to a year (I quit after 10 weeks, or 5 infusions). From what I understand (a lot of it probably internet chatter), you may be the only person in the USA who has gotten a positive response.

With all best wishes,

Jonathan

Anonymous1
                                                                              Participant

With all best wishes,

Jonathan

TracyR
                                                                                Participant

Hi there Jonathan,

You got most of my history correct, except early in 2011 we discovered a soft tissue tumor in my pelvis which is inoperable.

After Ipi I did the B-RAF inhibitor and it worked wonders on my tumor! I had a lot of difficulty with side effects then I had tumor progression.

I believe I was one of the last people to enter the Anti-PD1 trial at Nashville and then the study closed (stopped accruing patients).

I think my minimal (not even partial) response was quite a surprise to me and my medical team!  We were not really expecting it. The location of my tumor is such that I can feel it when it's bigger and smaller so I really already knew the scan would confirm that it had reduced in size.

All I know is there sometimes is no clear explanation of why a drug works and why it doesn't. My friend in AZ is one of the only responders to Sorafanib.  She's maintained stable tumors for 5 years!

Prayer works and keeping a positive attitude and knowing that God is the driver on this highway helps a great deal!!! 

Tracy

TracyR
                                                                                  Participant

Hi there Jonathan,

Tracy

TracyR
                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                    My first 8 week scan showed 20% tumor reduction. I’m on CT-011 and go for another scan in 3 weeks.
                                                                                    TracyR
                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                  Viewing 26 reply threads
                                                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics