The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

RMcLegal?

Forums General Melanoma Community RMcLegal?

Participant

First let me say thanks for the congrats on my NED!  I am thrilled and will certainly be planning a summer trip with my family.

Second, hmm…how do I go about saying this?  Shame on you for your blog about your insurance company finding a more cost effective route for your radiation treatments by sending you to the crew in Japan!!!  Now, having said that, thanks for making me snort coffee out my nose and all over my keyboard when I laughed out loud at the comment!  Shame on us both!

First let me say thanks for the congrats on my NED!  I am thrilled and will certainly be planning a summer trip with my family.

Second, hmm…how do I go about saying this?  Shame on you for your blog about your insurance company finding a more cost effective route for your radiation treatments by sending you to the crew in Japan!!!  Now, having said that, thanks for making me snort coffee out my nose and all over my keyboard when I laughed out loud at the comment!  Shame on us both!

Now, about the music.  I feel honored, never had a song written in my honor before!  I don't know if you are up to challenge though.  Let me explain…I have learned,  while reading your blog and your musical choices,  that we are either separated by a "few" years or have, clearly, different opinions on music.  Don't get me wrong (don't want to blow my chances of getting a song!) – I can certainly appreciate your talent but would love to see what you can do with the "Bee Gees", "Maroon 5", "Journey" – oh screw it, I don't know…just do your thing, I'm sure I'll love it!

Seriously though, keep on blogging – you got me through a very anxious week!

Laurie 

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        RMcLegal
        Participant

Hi Laurie, glad you enjoyed my bad taste in the radiation joke.  I may have to go to confession for that one, but I couldn't resist poking my insurance company since we've gone several rounds in arguing about preexisting condition coverage denials.  You've busted me on my musical tastes, as I'm a boomer member of the Woodstock Generation who's frozen in the classic rock era.  But I'll try to come up with something more contemporary, although Rap and Hip-Hope are totally out of the question.  Maybe "Stayin Alive" by the Bee Gees? I'm a terrible dancer, but I did try to "disco" to that one back in the 70's.  Not a pretty sight.  Take care.

BarbieGirl
            Participant

Hi Rich.. just looked over your blog… I love it!  Have it bookmarked!  Love your sense of humor in dealing with this blasted beast!

~Lisa~

BarbieGirl
              Participant

ps… Happy NEDiversary!!

~L~

BarbieGirl
                Participant

ps… Happy NEDiversary!!

~L~

BarbieGirl
                  Participant

Hi Rich.. just looked over your blog… I love it!  Have it bookmarked!  Love your sense of humor in dealing with this blasted beast!

~Lisa~

RMcLegal
                  Participant

Hi Laurie, glad you enjoyed my bad taste in the radiation joke.  I may have to go to confession for that one, but I couldn't resist poking my insurance company since we've gone several rounds in arguing about preexisting condition coverage denials.  You've busted me on my musical tastes, as I'm a boomer member of the Woodstock Generation who's frozen in the classic rock era.  But I'll try to come up with something more contemporary, although Rap and Hip-Hope are totally out of the question.  Maybe "Stayin Alive" by the Bee Gees? I'm a terrible dancer, but I did try to "disco" to that one back in the 70's.  Not a pretty sight.  Take care.

RMcLegal
                    Participant

Laurie,  I've posted some new lyrics to The Bee Gees' "Stayin' Alive" along with a link to the YouTube video.  http://www.hotelmelanoma.blogspot.com.   I hope you enjoy it, put on your dancin' shoes.  Thanks for a great song idea!

RMcLegal
                      Participant

Laurie,  I've posted some new lyrics to The Bee Gees' "Stayin' Alive" along with a link to the YouTube video.  http://www.hotelmelanoma.blogspot.com.   I hope you enjoy it, put on your dancin' shoes.  Thanks for a great song idea!

mom3girlsFL
                        Participant

Don't know what else to say…YOU ROCK!!!  Thank you so much!  I feel like a teeny bopper who just had her rock idol wink at her during a concert –  Whoo hoo!!!

RMcLegal
                            Participant

You're very welcome, it was fun fracturing a great song.  But sorry, it's back to Woodstock tomorrow for my first anniversary blog post.  Take care.

RMcLegal
                              Participant

You're very welcome, it was fun fracturing a great song.  But sorry, it's back to Woodstock tomorrow for my first anniversary blog post.  Take care.

mom3girlsFL
                              Participant

Don't know what else to say…YOU ROCK!!!  Thank you so much!  I feel like a teeny bopper who just had her rock idol wink at her during a concert –  Whoo hoo!!!

Viewing 5 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics