The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Ringing in the ears

Forums General Melanoma Community Ringing in the ears

Participant

Has anyone ever had ringing in their ear after brain mets radiation? My summer-fall has involved brain surgery, cyberknife radiation, and 3 infusions of pembro, and somewhere between the 2nd and 3rd pembro infusion I started getting ringing in the ears on and off. The last 2 weeks it's been constant in the left ear.

My radiation doctor says the ringing is not related to the radiation, my oncologist says it's not related to the pembro but that I should move up my follow-up MRI currently scheduled for the end of this month. They're not worried it's something new but maybe edema, even though none of my treated mets is near the left ear canal. I'm getting nervous…has anyone experienced this side effect?

Also experiencing fatigue, muscle aches, and on & off heat flashes/chills…

Any of this sound familiar??

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Johnjk04
        Participant

Maria, I had the ippi / nivo combo and 3 Cyber Knlfes to the brain. It's written up "tiny focus of enhancement in left auditory canal" on my MRI. My left ear rings at times but no change in size over a few years. Fatigue and muscle aches during treatment – he'll yea. Being NED for 4 years for some ear ringing, I'll take it.

Maria C
            Participant

Thank you John. Very encouraging. I'll find out this Wed. what my MRI says…

Maria C
              Participant

Maria C
                Participant

Johnjk04
                Participant

Maria, I had the ippi / nivo combo and 3 Cyber Knlfes to the brain. It's written up "tiny focus of enhancement in left auditory canal" on my MRI. My left ear rings at times but no change in size over a few years. Fatigue and muscle aches during treatment – he'll yea. Being NED for 4 years for some ear ringing, I'll take it.

Johnjk04
                  Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics