The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Results today

Forums General Melanoma Community Results today

Participant

Hi all,

We got back from NIH a little earlier today and got good news. Brain MRI and CTSCAN clear. We go back in 3 months, next time a PETSCAN.  NED 20 months from last surgery of small intestine mets.

Planning on relaxing now and finding some wine or beer to have a little toast.

Rebecca

Hi all,

We got back from NIH a little earlier today and got good news. Brain MRI and CTSCAN clear. We go back in 3 months, next time a PETSCAN.  NED 20 months from last surgery of small intestine mets.

Planning on relaxing now and finding some wine or beer to have a little toast.

Rebecca

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        MaryMary73
        Participant

FANTASTIC!!!!!!

MaryMary73
          Participant

FANTASTIC!!!!!!

killmel
            Participant

Bob & Rebecca so happy for you both. Did Bob have any treatment besides the surgery???

Many years of NED to you

Douglas

Rebecca and Bob
                Participant

Hi Douglas,

In the beginning of 2008 he had IL-2 treatment 6 rounds. He had one of his lung tumors disappear and then a year later April 2009 they surgically removed the other through VATS. It was dead, completely necrotic. Then 3 months later July 2009 he had 3 small intestinal mets show up.  He had those surgically removed. That's been it so far, hope we are done. I will say it's been a really rough for him.

I really need to put this in a profile.

Rebecca

Rebecca and Bob
                  Participant

Hi Douglas,

In the beginning of 2008 he had IL-2 treatment 6 rounds. He had one of his lung tumors disappear and then a year later April 2009 they surgically removed the other through VATS. It was dead, completely necrotic. Then 3 months later July 2009 he had 3 small intestinal mets show up.  He had those surgically removed. That's been it so far, hope we are done. I will say it's been a really rough for him.

I really need to put this in a profile.

Rebecca

killmel
                  Participant

Bob & Rebecca so happy for you both. Did Bob have any treatment besides the surgery???

Many years of NED to you

Douglas

JakeinNY
                    Participant

Great news!!! Congratulations.

JakeinNY
                      Participant

Great news!!! Congratulations.

lhaley
                        Participant

Yes!!!! So excited for both of you and your little ones!

Enjoy,

Linda

lhaley
                          Participant

Yes!!!! So excited for both of you and your little ones!

Enjoy,

Linda

King
                            Participant

Great news!  Thanks for sharing.  I hope you found that beer or wine. 🙂

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

King
                              Participant

Great news!  Thanks for sharing.  I hope you found that beer or wine. 🙂

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

BethA in VA
                                Participant

It  is always so nice to hear great news.  Keep it up and Celebrate!  Beth3/B

BethA in VA
                                  Participant

It  is always so nice to hear great news.  Keep it up and Celebrate!  Beth3/B

SusanE
                                    Participant

Rebecca, I am so happy for you guys! Thanks for sharing. Absolutely wonderful news for your family..

Susan wife to Jerry Stage III

SusanE
                                      Participant

Rebecca, I am so happy for you guys! Thanks for sharing. Absolutely wonderful news for your family..

Susan wife to Jerry Stage III

Sherron
                                        Participant

Rebecca – so Happy to hear the GOOD NEWS!  It brings joy to my heart to hear some good news here….Enjoy yourselves, relax and celebrate….and thank God.

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER

Sherron
                                          Participant

Rebecca – so Happy to hear the GOOD NEWS!  It brings joy to my heart to hear some good news here….Enjoy yourselves, relax and celebrate….and thank God.

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER

JerryfromFauq
                                            Participant

Happy to hear the good news. 

JerryfromFauq
                                              Participant

Happy to hear the good news. 

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics