The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Results sort of

Forums General Melanoma Community Results sort of

Participant

recent run of tests.  Blood only

chloride up

cholestrol up

Free T3 up

Vit B12 way down

Vit D. NORMAL

YEAH to that!

the EEG did not show anything, as the two machines flunked out on me.  I say its cos I am boobless, doctor laughed said I am prob so radioactive (not funny says me)  but no explanation.  But the TD echocardiogram from a few months ago, still stands.. moderate membranous subarotic stenosis (guess I is old) and that pesky newly found systolic ejection murmur thingy. hence the TD echo whatzit.

recent run of tests.  Blood only

chloride up

cholestrol up

Free T3 up

Vit B12 way down

Vit D. NORMAL

YEAH to that!

the EEG did not show anything, as the two machines flunked out on me.  I say its cos I am boobless, doctor laughed said I am prob so radioactive (not funny says me)  but no explanation.  But the TD echocardiogram from a few months ago, still stands.. moderate membranous subarotic stenosis (guess I is old) and that pesky newly found systolic ejection murmur thingy. hence the TD echo whatzit.

Mid moderate tricuspid regurgitation (sounds like I need burping)

and I need to have a CT scan of the abdomen to hunt for a hernia, to see how damaged something called rectus muscle is, and finally to locate the distal end of the shunt tube, which seems to have wandered off.  Oh ya and put on more meds and taken off some.  All in all I am doing ok.  still watching my eyelid as it seems weirder, but will see my TRUSTED optomistrist who writes evil letters to the surgeons, when she finds things going amuck in the earlid which it is now.  and my dear nueoroligist still loves me, and says to calm myself down, and insists I partake in a sleep study mid april I asked him if I could take a sleeping pill.  (I did one of these back in 2007 and failed it miserably and they did no followup)  another medical place, not this one.  So we shall see what is troubling bonnie lea. if anything.  I don't expect anything.  Cos camping soon comes.

well, I keep em busy. and I am glad I see my glass as half full, even if some of my doctors don't  GRRRR to them.

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bonnie Lea
        Participant

still trying to get info on the counts.  I did however find some interesting reasons for the B12 problems. and they relate to a long standing drug I am taking.  so we see.

Also the doctor I went to see (he who remeoves all my melanoma and he who found the breast cancer when no one was even looking even though I thought something was not right with the boobs)  well he is scheduling a abdominal CT scan, to first find out (did not believe another doctor who told him no hernia)  so he wants to make sure, and to find if the shunt tube has gone on a 'walk about'  and to check on the conditionn of the rectus muscle, and to makes sure nothing icky is on what ever organs are there.  Something I feel the docs at PMH should have kept on doing but have stopped cos I am not interesting I think.  Which in its self is good, but when the patient is showing signs of other stuff (case in point the boob issue for two years)  and then what happened, after a reduction surgery it is found.  boggles my mind.

guess I stop posting for a while, seems rather a moot point when others read, but do not add to make for discussion cept to blow me out of the water for me being perhaps unthinking, uncaring, or downright rude? or maybe she is just down, which is correct.  So am I.

worried about my sister in law.  stress does add up too fast within Bonnies self.  Must go and find something to do, like wash a cat.

Jerry from Cape Cod
            Participant

Hey Bonnie,

I think that there are so few people visiting here anymore.  The "old guard" which was the true backbone of the MPIP has drifted.  I've been discouraged but hang on cause I know you and a few others are still around sometimes.  I think we need to reconstitute the gang without the strictures of the corporate image site that MRF has imposed.  It sure is pretty, but….

Oh well things just never stay the same.

Jerry from Cape Cod

Bonnie Lea
              Participant

well, Jerry, from one lover of lob-is-ters to a dis-lover of the dainty little crusteacans I agree with you.  But someone tried to do that recently and no one bit.  I cannot think we all have gotten that old and (word has escaped me) maybe it is jaded? something like that.

I miss the chit-chat  and I cannot be all alone in that.  FB is ok, but it is missing something, that I cannot put my finger to.  I think here, when one of us has a horrid day, to know we can blow up and we are still loved, means alot or in my case when I feel just Oh I cannot even find words darn….but I am sure things will brighten up one day.  I hope you are doing AWACBE Jerry of Cape Cod. 

keep safe.

love Bonnie Lea

Bonnie Lea
                Participant

well, Jerry, from one lover of lob-is-ters to a dis-lover of the dainty little crusteacans I agree with you.  But someone tried to do that recently and no one bit.  I cannot think we all have gotten that old and (word has escaped me) maybe it is jaded? something like that.

I miss the chit-chat  and I cannot be all alone in that.  FB is ok, but it is missing something, that I cannot put my finger to.  I think here, when one of us has a horrid day, to know we can blow up and we are still loved, means alot or in my case when I feel just Oh I cannot even find words darn….but I am sure things will brighten up one day.  I hope you are doing AWACBE Jerry of Cape Cod. 

keep safe.

love Bonnie Lea

Jerry from Cape Cod
                  Participant

Hey Bonnie,

I think that there are so few people visiting here anymore.  The "old guard" which was the true backbone of the MPIP has drifted.  I've been discouraged but hang on cause I know you and a few others are still around sometimes.  I think we need to reconstitute the gang without the strictures of the corporate image site that MRF has imposed.  It sure is pretty, but….

Oh well things just never stay the same.

Jerry from Cape Cod

Bonnie Lea
                  Participant

still trying to get info on the counts.  I did however find some interesting reasons for the B12 problems. and they relate to a long standing drug I am taking.  so we see.

Also the doctor I went to see (he who remeoves all my melanoma and he who found the breast cancer when no one was even looking even though I thought something was not right with the boobs)  well he is scheduling a abdominal CT scan, to first find out (did not believe another doctor who told him no hernia)  so he wants to make sure, and to find if the shunt tube has gone on a 'walk about'  and to check on the conditionn of the rectus muscle, and to makes sure nothing icky is on what ever organs are there.  Something I feel the docs at PMH should have kept on doing but have stopped cos I am not interesting I think.  Which in its self is good, but when the patient is showing signs of other stuff (case in point the boob issue for two years)  and then what happened, after a reduction surgery it is found.  boggles my mind.

guess I stop posting for a while, seems rather a moot point when others read, but do not add to make for discussion cept to blow me out of the water for me being perhaps unthinking, uncaring, or downright rude? or maybe she is just down, which is correct.  So am I.

worried about my sister in law.  stress does add up too fast within Bonnies self.  Must go and find something to do, like wash a cat.

Pekoe
                    Participant

Bonnie Lee, you don't know me from Adam, but I am one of those that view posts and then don't respond.  I just wanted to let you know that I love to read your posts – you are always so honest with your feelings, and you always try to find the humor even when you're down.  I hope you don't stop posting. 

If I were more witty, I would try to join in the conversation on this side of the board, but I just can't think of anything clever to say.  I do enjoy reading, though. 

dian in spokane
                        Participant

Pekoe…

start posting! This place is DEAD and needs revivial by newer people who care about it enough to post. Even if you have nothing to post about…post more responses!

Bonnie Lea
                          Participant

I agree with Dian  just Dian I feel like everyone is always seeing my name there, and no one bothers  I know we are all busy, but this is a much needed thing

Did I tell you guy already, that I am sheduled for a abd CT scan to find if my tube from shunt has gone on a walk about, and if they can locate this mysterious hernia, that I dont know about, and to see if some muscle is wriecked.  That was all the reasons I was was given why no tram flap surgery etc would be done.  Hence boobless bonnie in Pickering.   I am so tired as I am busy looking after a mother, who fell last week, and cannot decide when she wants to do things.  like shower.  etc. I wanna nap now.  I think new meds making me wanna nap.

Spring that has sprung where it has sprung.  Did anyone get wowed by the moon the other night?  I could not see it, cloudy over my house.  But I sensed it was out there, cos our black cat went her usual full moon maddness.

POSST PEOPEL

R. get your computer fixed.

GS hope you get one soon too!

Leni where for are thou?

Gio  miss you other than FB

tell of summer plans.   anything. 

Kimmer
                            Participant

Well  Hey there Bonnie!

You always have my attention what with washing cats and moon viewing.

I hope you are doing okay…you have the best attitude of anyone, I think. 

We have been in a tizzy around here, but maybe I will just start a new thread about it…

You are fabulous and I adore you.

Take good care, K.

Kimmer
                              Participant

Well  Hey there Bonnie!

You always have my attention what with washing cats and moon viewing.

I hope you are doing okay…you have the best attitude of anyone, I think. 

We have been in a tizzy around here, but maybe I will just start a new thread about it…

You are fabulous and I adore you.

Take good care, K.

Bonnie Lea
                                Participant

I agree with Dian  just Dian I feel like everyone is always seeing my name there, and no one bothers  I know we are all busy, but this is a much needed thing

Did I tell you guy already, that I am sheduled for a abd CT scan to find if my tube from shunt has gone on a walk about, and if they can locate this mysterious hernia, that I dont know about, and to see if some muscle is wriecked.  That was all the reasons I was was given why no tram flap surgery etc would be done.  Hence boobless bonnie in Pickering.   I am so tired as I am busy looking after a mother, who fell last week, and cannot decide when she wants to do things.  like shower.  etc. I wanna nap now.  I think new meds making me wanna nap.

Spring that has sprung where it has sprung.  Did anyone get wowed by the moon the other night?  I could not see it, cloudy over my house.  But I sensed it was out there, cos our black cat went her usual full moon maddness.

POSST PEOPEL

R. get your computer fixed.

GS hope you get one soon too!

Leni where for are thou?

Gio  miss you other than FB

tell of summer plans.   anything. 

dian in spokane
                                  Participant

Pekoe…

start posting! This place is DEAD and needs revivial by newer people who care about it enough to post. Even if you have nothing to post about…post more responses!

Pekoe
                                  Participant

Bonnie Lee, you don't know me from Adam, but I am one of those that view posts and then don't respond.  I just wanted to let you know that I love to read your posts – you are always so honest with your feelings, and you always try to find the humor even when you're down.  I hope you don't stop posting. 

If I were more witty, I would try to join in the conversation on this side of the board, but I just can't think of anything clever to say.  I do enjoy reading, though. 

Viewing 3 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics