The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Results of my “talk” with the Dr

Forums General Melanoma Community Results of my “talk” with the Dr

Participant
      I’m sorry I haven’t gotten back with the results of my talk about my biopsy results. It was in the middle of the website changing and I was having trouble getting on.

My Dr was sure this spot in my lung was Mel. He pulled up my tests and was comparing them to the previous ones. I have had a spot behind my knee that couldn’t be removed. It has shown that it was decreasing in size for quite awhile. But now he was seeing that it is now showing less intense, which it had not done before.

He thinks that maybe the 2 doses of IPI I have had have taught my immune system to recognize the Mel and fight it! He thinks I’m now fighting this beast on my own!! Now I read, yesterday, about exactly this happening with people who have had IPI.

I go back for another CT scan Oct 11 and if the spot in my lung has grown, he’s taking it out to find out what it is and this whole story is out the window.

I am so excited but yet not 100% sure I can trust any of this!!

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        JoshF
        Participant
          Well it sounds positive and encouraging. I’m going to pray for that continued progress for you Roxy.
          JoshF
          Participant
            Well it sounds positive and encouraging. I’m going to pray for that continued progress for you Roxy.
            JoshF
            Participant
              JerryfromFauq
              Participant

No assurances, but sounding good.

JerryfromFauq
                Participant

JerryfromFauq
                  Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics