The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Results! GSK Braf/MEK Combo good PET CT Scan Today!

Forums General Melanoma Community Results! GSK Braf/MEK Combo good PET CT Scan Today!

Participant

Hello-My brother just received good news- 10-12%  reduction in the two remaining tumors, based on todays results of PET CT Scan!!  Currently his liver enzymes are elevated to level 1 – not sure what that means.  Also continuous high fevers and chills.  But his trial dr. said to keep going on current doesages.   Anyone else with that side effect-and please check in with any updates on this trial.  We are looking forward to throwing NED party hopefully soon!   Thanks again for all your help-and lets hope this good luck continues.

Hello-My brother just received good news- 10-12%  reduction in the two remaining tumors, based on todays results of PET CT Scan!!  Currently his liver enzymes are elevated to level 1 – not sure what that means.  Also continuous high fevers and chills.  But his trial dr. said to keep going on current doesages.   Anyone else with that side effect-and please check in with any updates on this trial.  We are looking forward to throwing NED party hopefully soon!   Thanks again for all your help-and lets hope this good luck continues.

Love and best wishes to all.

MrsMarilyn

sister of Gary (stage IV)

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        MichaelFL
        Participant

That is good news. How long has he been on this now?

Concerning the liver enzyme at level 1, there are about 10 or so different liver function tests. Are you possibly talking about Total bilirubin (TBIL)? Or Direct bilirubin (Conjugated Bilirubin)?

Michael

MichaelFL
          Participant

That is good news. How long has he been on this now?

Concerning the liver enzyme at level 1, there are about 10 or so different liver function tests. Are you possibly talking about Total bilirubin (TBIL)? Or Direct bilirubin (Conjugated Bilirubin)?

Michael

lhaley
            Participant

Glad to hear that Gary is responding!!!

dawn dion
                Participant

YEA GARY!!!!!   I go for my scans tomorrow – I only have one small "spot"  so I am hoping for more of the same good news.   Will let you know tomorrow.  Keep it up Gary!

dawn dion
                  Participant

YEA GARY!!!!!   I go for my scans tomorrow – I only have one small "spot"  so I am hoping for more of the same good news.   Will let you know tomorrow.  Keep it up Gary!

lhaley
                  Participant

Glad to hear that Gary is responding!!!

Viewing 3 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics