The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Results….Finally!

Forums General Melanoma Community Results….Finally!

Participant

Yesterday I finally got my first set of scan results since beginning Keytruda in July.  My tumors are shrinking! A soft tissue mass has disappeared. Some lymph nodes have gotten larger but I was told that this is common with immunotherapy and that they will hopefully shrink as well. No new mets. Got my info in a phone call so I haven't actually seen the radiologist's report yet.  My back tends to bother me in the L2 area where Melanoma fractured my vertebra, but there doesn't appear to be any changes. (Had surgery and now have 2 rods/6 screws.)  It doesn't hurt but gets stiff and tires easily. We discussed getting more physical therapy and some other options.

So…Keytruda is working and I'll get my next infusion on the 21st.  

smiley  That happy face kind of looks like me because my eyelashes and eyebrows have turned white since my third infusion.  :))))

Viewing 23 reply threads
    • Replies
        tschmith
        Participant

okay…so I inserted a happy face but it didn't show up! 

tschmith
          Participant

tschmith
            Participant

BrianP
              Participant

YAY!  Awesome news Terrie.  No happy face needed.  The post says it all.  Hope the good reports keep on coming.

BrianP
                Participant

YAY!  Awesome news Terrie.  No happy face needed.  The post says it all.  Hope the good reports keep on coming.

BrianP
                  Participant

DZnDef
                    Participant

Great news, Terrie!  Congratulations!!!

DZnDef
                      Participant

DZnDef
                        Participant

Brendan
                            Participant

Great news, Terrie!  Thanks for sharing.

Brendan

Brendan
                              Participant

Brendan

Brendan
                                Participant

Brendan

arthurjedi007
                                Participant

Great news Terrie. Hopefully some xgeva or something will help that fracture. I got a bunch of fractures too but they kept me on xgeva the whole time while doing keytruda so I finally have stable spine compression they call it. Good luck to you.

Artie

arthurjedi007
                                  Participant

Great news Terrie. Hopefully some xgeva or something will help that fracture. I got a bunch of fractures too but they kept me on xgeva the whole time while doing keytruda so I finally have stable spine compression they call it. Good luck to you.

Artie

tschmith
                                      Participant

Hey Artie!   I'm going to ask them about Xgeva again.  I was on it before and they took me off it when I went for the trial at NIH.  My doctor at Georgetown didn't want me on it while taking Keytruda…going to ask him about it again.  I felt better while on it.  

Hope things are going well for you!

Terrie

tschmith
                                        Participant

Hey Artie!   I'm going to ask them about Xgeva again.  I was on it before and they took me off it when I went for the trial at NIH.  My doctor at Georgetown didn't want me on it while taking Keytruda…going to ask him about it again.  I felt better while on it.  

Terrie

tschmith
                                          Participant

Terrie

arthurjedi007
                                          Participant

Artie

Bubbles
                                            Participant

Congrats! Vitiligo is not required for a good response, but is certainly associated with positive results! Yay! C

Bubbles
                                              Participant

Congrats! Vitiligo is not required for a good response, but is certainly associated with positive results! Yay! C

Bubbles
                                                Participant

ecc26
                                                  Participant

Congratulations! So nice to see some more good news! I sincerely hope it continues for you!

ecc26
                                                    Participant

Congratulations! So nice to see some more good news! I sincerely hope it continues for you!

ecc26
                                                      Participant

JerryfromFauq
                                                        Participant

Sure sounds like a different attitude now than our first conversation.  SO vaeery pleased for you!

JerryfromFauq
                                                          Participant

Sure sounds like a different attitude now than our first conversation.  SO vaeery pleased for you!

JerryfromFauq
                                                            Participant

Jahendry12
                                                              Participant

Awesome news Terrie!  Prayers for more great news ahead.

Jahendry12
                                                                Participant

Jahendry12
                                                                  Participant

Viewing 23 reply threads
                                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics