The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Results are in…

Forums General Melanoma Community Results are in…

Participant

Saw the surgeon this morning. Good news!!!!!!!!!!! Melanoma-free!!!!!! He said the sample contained no microscopic abnormal / melanoma cells. I even asked to read the report….jusssssssssssst in case. I'm at home now…sitting on my couch…and exhaling for the first time since Nov 2nd.

Thank you all for your kind and thoughtful prayers.

smiley

Saw the surgeon this morning. Good news!!!!!!!!!!! Melanoma-free!!!!!! He said the sample contained no microscopic abnormal / melanoma cells. I even asked to read the report….jusssssssssssst in case. I'm at home now…sitting on my couch…and exhaling for the first time since Nov 2nd.

Thank you all for your kind and thoughtful prayers.

smiley

Loading spinner
Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Replies
      Gwen in Maine
      Participant

Wonderful news! Congratulations! Hope you have the chance to do something nice for yourself.

Gwen in Maine

Loading spinner
      Gwen in Maine
      Participant

Wonderful news! Congratulations! Hope you have the chance to do something nice for yourself.

Gwen in Maine

Loading spinner
      Jackie W
      Participant

Great news.  Have a drink and celebrate while sitting on the couch,

Jackie W

Loading spinner
      Jackie W
      Participant

Great news.  Have a drink and celebrate while sitting on the couch,

Jackie W

Loading spinner
      Wendi Lynn
      Participant

Another YAY!!!!  Congratulations!!!

Loading spinner
      Wendi Lynn
      Participant

Another YAY!!!!  Congratulations!!!

Loading spinner
      Sharyn
      Participant

Wonderful news! I hope you and NED have a life-long love affair. (NED=No Evidence of Disease)

Hugs

Sharyn, Stage IV

Loading spinner
      Sharyn
      Participant

Wonderful news! I hope you and NED have a life-long love affair. (NED=No Evidence of Disease)

Hugs

Sharyn, Stage IV

Loading spinner
      lhaley
      Participant

Great news!!  Use this as a lesson learned. Watch your body, get rid of the stress that you can, and enjoy every moment!!!

Oh yeah, get off of the couch and do the happy dance!

Linda

Stage IV NED 1 month

Loading spinner
      lhaley
      Participant

Great news!!  Use this as a lesson learned. Watch your body, get rid of the stress that you can, and enjoy every moment!!!

Oh yeah, get off of the couch and do the happy dance!

Linda

Stage IV NED 1 month

Loading spinner
      dian in spokane
      Participant

I KNEW things would be great for you! I am so happy for you, I know you've been on the edge of your seat.

Nice chatting with you the other night.

dian

Loading spinner
      dian in spokane
      Participant

I KNEW things would be great for you! I am so happy for you, I know you've been on the edge of your seat.

Nice chatting with you the other night.

dian

Loading spinner
      MaryMary73
      Participant

Thank you all for your kind words. I am so glad I found this website. And just cause I am free of this beast, I will not leave…I will stay here and offer words of encouragement to anyone who needs it.

A good friend of mine gave me a book called "The Secret" by author Rhonda Byrne. The tenet of the book is that focused positive thinking can have life-changing results such as increased wealth, health, and happiness. I hope you all read it and I hope it helps you as it has helped me.

Loading spinner
      MaryMary73
      Participant

Thank you all for your kind words. I am so glad I found this website. And just cause I am free of this beast, I will not leave…I will stay here and offer words of encouragement to anyone who needs it.

A good friend of mine gave me a book called "The Secret" by author Rhonda Byrne. The tenet of the book is that focused positive thinking can have life-changing results such as increased wealth, health, and happiness. I hope you all read it and I hope it helps you as it has helped me.

Loading spinner
        NicOz
        Participant

Well, seeing as we're giving out book suggestions I'd like to add one which I've found extremely helpful since being diagnosed with melanoma.

The Bartender's Black Book: The Drink Recipe Collection for the 21st Century, Sixth Edition

It's a gem, and I feel a little selfish for keeping it to myself all this time…

Loading spinner
        NicOz
        Participant

Well, seeing as we're giving out book suggestions I'd like to add one which I've found extremely helpful since being diagnosed with melanoma.

The Bartender's Black Book: The Drink Recipe Collection for the 21st Century, Sixth Edition

It's a gem, and I feel a little selfish for keeping it to myself all this time…

Loading spinner
        Wendi Lynn
        Participant

LOL!!!!  I don't know you Nic, but I think I'd like to laugh

Loading spinner
        Wendi Lynn
        Participant

LOL!!!!  I don't know you Nic, but I think I'd like to laugh

Loading spinner
        ChristineL
        Participant

Me too.  Thanks for the suggestion, I could use some new drinks to spice up my life!

Cheers,

ChristineL

Loading spinner
        ChristineL
        Participant

Me too.  Thanks for the suggestion, I could use some new drinks to spice up my life!

Cheers,

ChristineL

Loading spinner
        dian in spokane
        Participant

I've given away my bartender book..I just make my own drinks up on the spur! I am very creative

dian

Loading spinner
        dian in spokane
        Participant

I've given away my bartender book..I just make my own drinks up on the spur! I am very creative

dian

Loading spinner
        MaryMary73
        Participant

LMAO @ ur book suggestion!! Too funny! + 2 thumbs up!!! yesyes

Loading spinner
        MaryMary73
        Participant

LMAO @ ur book suggestion!! Too funny! + 2 thumbs up!!! yesyes

Loading spinner
      Dynasysman
      Participant
      Add my “YEA” to the list. You go, girl!

Loading spinner
      Dynasysman
      Participant
      Add my “YEA” to the list. You go, girl!

Loading spinner
Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.