The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Response to Soonerjenn 14 because reply button doesn’t work!

Forums General Melanoma Community Response to Soonerjenn 14 because reply button doesn’t work!

Participant
      Hi Soonerjenn 14, I would want to take the lymph node out or biopsy it before adding ipi to the mix. It is pretty toxic for most melanoma patients and a changing ct scans of lymph node doesn’t always mean cancer.
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant
          Yes, Ed.  This new and improved MPIP is a big fat question mark at best!!! I replied to Rosie Pup’s thread – Brain mets slow growing… – but I didn’t.  The “front page” of the thread looks as though I posted a reply.  However, when you look in the thread there isn’t one!  Would you (and any others having trouble) please report your problem to:  [email protected] and [email protected] ?  Thanks!  c
          soonerjenn14
          Participant
            Thanks, Ed! It is on my list of questions for next week. I found out some more information today – the lymph node has doubled in size since November and they found a “groundglass opacity” in one of my lungs. I have to go back for more CT scans and then see my oncologist to discuss next steps. I have read/heard ipi is pretty toxic so I am hoping we have more options. Appreciate the response and information!
            soonerjenn14
            Participant
              I wanted to reply to this thread after my appointment yesterday. We did do a needle biopsy on my lymph node yesterday, which at this point did yield malignant cells but they are doing more testing to confirm it indeed melanoma-related. My oncologist does not want to remove it at this time due to the two questionable spots on my lung and liver that have yet to be fully identified, and we went ahead with the ipi/nivo yesterday. It is still uncertain why my lymph nodes shrank and then grew back so quickly, but hopefully the biopsy will reveal more. We’ll see what happens over the next few weeks. Thank you so much for the information and support!
          Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics