The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Research Study in NYC

Forums Caregiver Community Research Study in NYC

Participant

My husband Don and I have participated in a couple of research interviews designed for metastatic melanoma patients and/or caregivers. This researcher recently reached out to us because his client is looking for in-person interviewees in the NYC area in February. He has about ten slots open. If anyone is interested, please let me know (email me at [email protected]) and I'll send you the contact info. They usually pay a little honorarium and seem very reputable.

Janet Lee

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        killmel
        Participant

Hi Janet Lee,

I hope that Don is doing well.

I also hope you get some people interested in doing this survey.  It is my understanding that every referral you get that  you & Don will be paid $50.00 for the referral. I am sure you & Don could use the extra money with all Don's help bills.

Good Luck in signing up people for this survey

killmel
          Participant

Hi Janet Lee,

I also hope you get some people interested in doing this survey.  It is my understanding that every referral you get that  you & Don will be paid $50.00 for the referral. I am sure you & Don could use the extra money with all Don's help bills.

killmel
            Participant

Hi Janet Lee,

POW
                Participant

How did this post benefit anyone? We seem to be getting a lot of snarky people posting here lately. Too bad we don't have a moderate to maintain standards.

POW
                  Participant

How did this post benefit anyone? We seem to be getting a lot of snarky people posting here lately. Too bad we don't have a moderate to maintain standards.

POW
                    Participant

Cooper
                      Participant

I'm not sure that patroling each other isnt a good way to moderate the forum, she should have let folks know she benefitted from their survey.  probably a marketing survey to help pharma too.  The worst thing on here is when folks give out the wrong medical advice, that needs moderating the most!

Cooper
                        Participant

I'm not sure that patroling each other isnt a good way to moderate the forum, she should have let folks know she benefitted from their survey.  probably a marketing survey to help pharma too.  The worst thing on here is when folks give out the wrong medical advice, that needs moderating the most!

Cooper
                          Participant

Cooper
                            Participant

Cooper
                              Participant

Cooper
                                Participant

Janet Lee
                                Participant

Wow! I was really just trying to be helpful. It wasn't the referral fee that led me to post this; the interviewees will earn a nice fee, and my experiernce with this company has been absolutely top-rate, professional, and empathetic. I was introduced to them by someone else on this forum several months ago, and I could care less if that person got a referral fee or not. Just like we all take the time to share our experiences and knowledge, I wanted to share this particular researcher because I know that it is not a scam or being run by disreputable people. Also, note that I did not post anonymously.

MoCedar
                                    Participant

Janet Lee, please do not be apologetic. You have enough on your plate and there is absolutely no reason to respond to  any "anonymous" posts from anyone who is not looking for your compassion,  advice or just your willing ear to always listen. I am responding to you, just so there isn't confusion that I am even recognizing anyone who is only willing to jab from the shadows.  Wishing you well.

MoCedar
                                      Participant

Janet Lee, please do not be apologetic. You have enough on your plate and there is absolutely no reason to respond to  any "anonymous" posts from anyone who is not looking for your compassion,  advice or just your willing ear to always listen. I am responding to you, just so there isn't confusion that I am even recognizing anyone who is only willing to jab from the shadows.  Wishing you well.

MoCedar
                                        Participant

POW
                                          Participant

Every person here is under tremendous strain from the physical, emotional and financial ramifications of melanoma. Everyone comes here looking for help, information, support and friendship. The vast majority of readers (like >95%) never post anything themselves. They read and they learn but they seldom speak up. I think a lot of the reason for such reticence is that they don't want to ask stupid questions, or give incorrect responses, or make themselves vulnerable. As far as I am concerned, everybody is welcome to participate according to their comfort level. However, because so many are shy, I appreciate those who do post even more than I might otherwise. 

Given the sensitive and emotonal nature of what we are dealing with here, I think it is extremely important that we all treat each other with courtesy, respect and gentleness. Always! It's fine to say, "I disagree with Mr. X" or "I read a different paper that says something different." or "My doctor told me this…". But it is not acceptable to attack anybody for any reason. It is not acceptable to say, "What the hell do you know, you're no expert!" It is not acceptable to be snotty or snarky or to shout at anyone by USING CAPITAL LETTERS. All of those types of communication are just bullying tactics intended to hurt and silence another person. 

If such bad behavior goes unchallenged and unchecked, I expect that some of the our most knowledgeable and experienced members will back off. I suspect that those who are tempted to post but are fearful will never post. And those who do come and do post will receive fewer and fewer helpful respones. 

Please, folks, it's OK to disagree. It's OK to post alternative suggestions, interpreatations and advice. But always remember that people are suffering here– even "Anonymous" is suffering– and maintain a tone of courtesy, warmth and support. 

POW
                                            Participant

Every person here is under tremendous strain from the physical, emotional and financial ramifications of melanoma. Everyone comes here looking for help, information, support and friendship. The vast majority of readers (like >95%) never post anything themselves. They read and they learn but they seldom speak up. I think a lot of the reason for such reticence is that they don't want to ask stupid questions, or give incorrect responses, or make themselves vulnerable. As far as I am concerned, everybody is welcome to participate according to their comfort level. However, because so many are shy, I appreciate those who do post even more than I might otherwise. 

Given the sensitive and emotonal nature of what we are dealing with here, I think it is extremely important that we all treat each other with courtesy, respect and gentleness. Always! It's fine to say, "I disagree with Mr. X" or "I read a different paper that says something different." or "My doctor told me this…". But it is not acceptable to attack anybody for any reason. It is not acceptable to say, "What the hell do you know, you're no expert!" It is not acceptable to be snotty or snarky or to shout at anyone by USING CAPITAL LETTERS. All of those types of communication are just bullying tactics intended to hurt and silence another person. 

If such bad behavior goes unchallenged and unchecked, I expect that some of the our most knowledgeable and experienced members will back off. I suspect that those who are tempted to post but are fearful will never post. And those who do come and do post will receive fewer and fewer helpful respones. 

Please, folks, it's OK to disagree. It's OK to post alternative suggestions, interpreatations and advice. But always remember that people are suffering here– even "Anonymous" is suffering– and maintain a tone of courtesy, warmth and support. 

MoCedar
                                              Participant

Well said!

MoCedar
                                                Participant

Well said!

MoCedar
                                                  Participant

Well said!

POW
                                                    Participant

Janet Lee
                                                    Participant

Wow! I was really just trying to be helpful. It wasn't the referral fee that led me to post this; the interviewees will earn a nice fee, and my experiernce with this company has been absolutely top-rate, professional, and empathetic. I was introduced to them by someone else on this forum several months ago, and I could care less if that person got a referral fee or not. Just like we all take the time to share our experiences and knowledge, I wanted to share this particular researcher because I know that it is not a scam or being run by disreputable people. Also, note that I did not post anonymously.

Janet Lee
                                                      Participant

Swanee
                                                        Participant

Janet Lee,

I saw your post but was unable to respond at the time.  The comment by anonymous was unfortunate and sadly disturbing.  Knowing what you and your husband Don have been through since joining MPIP,  it was so disheartening to know that another melanoma fighter could have a response like this.  

I too, have done several interviews with this company and also was contacted by them again,  with the same information as you posted.  Everything you offered as to your experience with them, has also been my experience as well and I too find them to be a reputable company.  

Please know that 99 percent of the people that read your post, read it in the most positive way.  I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt but lately on this board the negative posts seem to always come from "anonymous."

Wishing you continued courage and healing in your melanoma journey.

Swanee

Swanee
                                                          Participant

Janet Lee,

I saw your post but was unable to respond at the time.  The comment by anonymous was unfortunate and sadly disturbing.  Knowing what you and your husband Don have been through since joining MPIP,  it was so disheartening to know that another melanoma fighter could have a response like this.  

I too, have done several interviews with this company and also was contacted by them again,  with the same information as you posted.  Everything you offered as to your experience with them, has also been my experience as well and I too find them to be a reputable company.  

Please know that 99 percent of the people that read your post, read it in the most positive way.  I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt but lately on this board the negative posts seem to always come from "anonymous."

Swanee

Swanee
                                                            Participant

Janet Lee,

Swanee

Viewing 8 reply threads

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics