The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Request for Artie Information

Forums General Melanoma Community Request for Artie Information

Participant

I know several of you are Facebook friends with Artie or maybe had other channels of communication.  I would like to request if any of you see information regarding obituary or memorial services if you could please post here.  I would very much like to know if and when his family has made any "in lieu of flowers" request and I'd also like to know his parents' address so I might make a donation to MRF in his memory.  I'm hesitate to post someones personal address on this site but if you could message it to me that would be great.  I'm not sure if his parents knew how much he was loved by this site but I think it would be a wonderful gesture if there was a fundraising effort in his honor.  Right now on the MRF donation page I don't see a way to let the family know the donation would be from Artie's MPIP family but maybe someone on the MRF staff can help us with that. 

Thanks,

Brian

Viewing 20 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant

Well said, Brian. His parents have endured a great deal…financial and otherwise…if there was anything I could do to help, or to honor them and Artie, I would very much like to. C

Bubbles
          Participant

Well said, Brian. His parents have endured a great deal…financial and otherwise…if there was anything I could do to help, or to honor them and Artie, I would very much like to. C

Bubbles
            Participant

jenny22
              Participant

I think that is a GREAT idea….as someone who lost a brother to cancer at the age of 36, and watched parents bury a child, i know it was very comforting for then to receive, notes, cards, donations in his name and more.

I too am happy to help in any way…..

MAybe Tim (from MRF) could help in some way to provide an address, though not sure regarding provacsy issues….it would be great for his family to receive  cards, donations to MRF, and remembrances in Arties name.

KMick
                  Participant

What is Artie's last name?  I've read his posts from the beginning and never knew his whole name.  So, so very sad to hear of his passing.

KMick
                    Participant

What is Artie's last name?  I've read his posts from the beginning and never knew his whole name.  So, so very sad to hear of his passing.

KMick
                      Participant

liberty04281
                        Participant
                          His last name is Vangampler.
                          liberty04281
                          Participant
                            liberty04281
                            Participant
                            jenny22
                            Participant

I think that is a GREAT idea….as someone who lost a brother to cancer at the age of 36, and watched parents bury a child, i know it was very comforting for then to receive, notes, cards, donations in his name and more.

MAybe Tim (from MRF) could help in some way to provide an address, though not sure regarding provacsy issues….it would be great for his family to receive  cards, donations to MRF, and remembrances in Arties name.

jenny22
                              Participant

adriana cooper
                                Participant

I too would like to send a personal note and memorial and would like the info

Rob Murphy and Adriana Cooper

tschmith
                                    Participant

Yes, Brian.  I agree.  I would like to donate in Artie's memory and would like his parents and family to know how much he meant to us.  It won't be the same without Artie.  I loved all his" I dunno's" and just how personable he responded.  He was so caring.  I hope Tim from MRF will help us and perhaps someone can get some information as to how we could send our sympathies to his parents.  They must be so crushed.  He fought so hard and they did too.  Gosh, he was only 48.  Many tears for this sweet young man who really did all he could to win the battle.   Very brave guy.

Terrie

tschmith
                                      Participant

Yes, Brian.  I agree.  I would like to donate in Artie's memory and would like his parents and family to know how much he meant to us.  It won't be the same without Artie.  I loved all his" I dunno's" and just how personable he responded.  He was so caring.  I hope Tim from MRF will help us and perhaps someone can get some information as to how we could send our sympathies to his parents.  They must be so crushed.  He fought so hard and they did too.  Gosh, he was only 48.  Many tears for this sweet young man who really did all he could to win the battle.   Very brave guy.

Terrie

tschmith
                                        Participant

Terrie

adriana cooper
                                        Participant

adriana cooper
                                          Participant

Momofjake
                                            Participant

Artie is gone?? I am…just can't breathe. When?

Momofjake
                                              Participant

Momofjake
                                                Participant

Becky
                                                  Participant

Saw this on FB:

Visitation will be Sunday 11-2 at Campbell Funeral Home in Carmi, IL. Service at 2:00. Burial at Wolf Creek in Eldorado.

Last name is Vangampler

RIP Artie

Becky
                                                    Participant

Saw this on FB:

Visitation will be Sunday 11-2 at Campbell Funeral Home in Carmi, IL. Service at 2:00. Burial at Wolf Creek in Eldorado.

Last name is Vangampler

RIP Artie

Becky
                                                      Participant

Saw this on FB:

Last name is Vangampler

RIP Artie

BrianP
                                                          Participant

Thanks Becky. Here's a link to Artie's funeral home page:  

http://www.campbellfuneralservices.com/funerals/funeralsDetail.php?Glen-A.-Artie-Vangampler-Oakville-MO-December-9-2015-728

I called the funeral home and if you would like to contribute to his memorial fund make check out to "Glen A. "Artie" Vangampler Scholarship and you can mail to Campbell Funeral Home, 609 W. Main St, Carmi, IL 62821. 

Still hoping we can get a MPIP MRF donation together with the help of MRF staff. 

Brian

BrianP
                                                            Participant

http://www.campbellfuneralservices.com/funerals/funeralsDetail.php?Glen-A.-Artie-Vangampler-Oakville-MO-December-9-2015-728

I called the funeral home and if you would like to contribute to his memorial fund make check out to "Glen A. "Artie" Vangampler Scholarship and you can mail to Campbell Funeral Home, 609 W. Main St, Carmi, IL 62821. 

Still hoping we can get a MPIP MRF donation together with the help of MRF staff. 

Brian

Maureen038
                                                              Participant

Thank you Brian for finding out this information. I am devastated that Artie is no longer with us. His courage and attitude were so admirable!!! He will be deeply missed!!!! My heart goes out to his parents.

Maureen

Maureen038
                                                                Participant

Thank you Brian for finding out this information. I am devastated that Artie is no longer with us. His courage and attitude were so admirable!!! He will be deeply missed!!!! My heart goes out to his parents.

Maureen

Maureen038
                                                                  Participant

Maureen

BrianP
                                                                    Participant

Brian

Andrew1725
                                                                    Participant

There but for the grace of God go I . . . . This is terrible news to hear.

I have no earthly idea how to post a link on this forum, but if you go the website of the Campbell Funeral Home in Carmi, IL, there is information there under the "Funerals" heading.

Andrew1725
                                                                      Participant

I have no earthly idea how to post a link on this forum, but if you go the website of the Campbell Funeral Home in Carmi, IL, there is information there under the "Funerals" heading.

Andrew1725
                                                                        Participant

dfeng
                                                                          Participant

I just cannot believe it. Last month I read his post and was very happy about his responding and tumor reducing…

It just happend so quick. 

dfeng
                                                                            Participant

I just cannot believe it. Last month I read his post and was very happy about his responding and tumor reducing…

dfeng
                                                                              Participant

Viewing 20 reply threads
                                                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics