The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Reoccurring Side Effects

Forums General Melanoma Community Reoccurring Side Effects

Participant
      The last Ipi/Nivo infusion was June 7th, last radiation was the first week in July since then gradually have felt better, less trips to the restroom, firming stools, not as cold and not shaking, less swelling and more energy! Almost feeling among the living again! Woke up two days ago noticed the swelling and all symptoms/side effects have returned just like I had a treatment a week ago.
      Anyone else experiencing this and an explanation? In my mind I am thinking since the treatment continues to work – it is the body fighting or sound something more to fight so it has kicked in…
      Thanks for sharing.
    Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant
          Hey Hanlon,

I took nivo as a single agent for 2 1/2 years. For over a year afterwards the side effects I had while on it (rash, fatigue, wheezing, mouth ulcers and joint pain specifically) would wax and wane, never quite getting as bad as the worst episodes during treatment, but fits and flares happened repeatedly, while waning gradually. Many others here have reported a similar experience. However, I think it would certainly be best to run any symptoms, especially if they include swelling, by your doc just to be sure. Yours, celeste

Carlsbad317
            Participant
              Thank you for replying! All makes me feel better,. Wow, just the Nivo did all that to you? Starting the maintenance once the diarrhea subsides of Nivo, they made it sound so much easier on the body than the combo…… that does not sound easier! I really appreciate your sharing. I know none of this is easy but this website is the best resource.
              Bubbles
              Participant
                I think the ipi/nivo combo is much worse than nivo alone. You should feel much better (comparison is everything – huh???!) once you are only on nivo. Take care. c
                Carlsbad317
                Participant
                  That’s the plan! Looking forward to just the one, for sure!!
            Viewing 0 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics