The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Remedies for Itching while on IL2?

Forums General Melanoma Community Remedies for Itching while on IL2?

Participant

Hello,

My brother is currently in the hospital undergoing IL2(week 2 of 1st phase). I was just wondering if anyone knows anything he could try to relieve some of his insane itching besides Sarno lotion, and there is a only a shower, so no oatmeal baths. I will be at the hospital all day and night with him, unfortunately I wont be able to check my email, but you can text me any ideas, and I can run out to the store! My number is 954-851-3793

Thank you, thank you!

I really appreciate it!!

Hello,

My brother is currently in the hospital undergoing IL2(week 2 of 1st phase). I was just wondering if anyone knows anything he could try to relieve some of his insane itching besides Sarno lotion, and there is a only a shower, so no oatmeal baths. I will be at the hospital all day and night with him, unfortunately I wont be able to check my email, but you can text me any ideas, and I can run out to the store! My number is 954-851-3793

Thank you, thank you!

I really appreciate it!!

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        rbruce
        Participant

Aveeno also makes a body wash that I think works as well, or better, than their oatmeal bath.  I used it during IL2 and also for the clinical trial I just stopped which caused insane itching.  Hope that helps!  Robert

rbruce
          Participant

Aveeno also makes a body wash that I think works as well, or better, than their oatmeal bath.  I used it during IL2 and also for the clinical trial I just stopped which caused insane itching.  Hope that helps!  Robert

rbruce
            Participant

s Mom
              Participant

Hi!

My son used Eucerin anti-itch lotion after his recent IL2 round.  He liked it and it worked for him.  He goes in for labs tomorrow, and then they'll determine when he goes in for round  #2.  Good luck to you and your brother.  He's lucky to have you as a sister.  Let us know how he does – sending him good vibes :)))))

Jeff's Mom

Dave G
                  Participant

Believe it or not I was told Crisco is the best. Fortunately I had minimal skin rash and itching from the IL2 so didn't have to try it.

Good Luck

Dave G

Dave G
                    Participant

Believe it or not I was told Crisco is the best. Fortunately I had minimal skin rash and itching from the IL2 so didn't have to try it.

Good Luck

Dave G

Dave G
                      Participant

Good Luck

Dave G

s Mom
                      Participant

Hi!

My son used Eucerin anti-itch lotion after his recent IL2 round.  He liked it and it worked for him.  He goes in for labs tomorrow, and then they'll determine when he goes in for round  #2.  Good luck to you and your brother.  He's lucky to have you as a sister.  Let us know how he does – sending him good vibes :)))))

Jeff's Mom

s Mom
                        Participant

Hi!

Jeff's Mom

Blueyes
                          Participant

I used the Aveeno anti-itch/soothing lotion AND had a prescription for Atarax while doing IL-2. Adding the Atarax helped immensely!

Good Luck!

Kelly

Blueyes
                            Participant

I used the Aveeno anti-itch/soothing lotion AND had a prescription for Atarax while doing IL-2. Adding the Atarax helped immensely!

Good Luck!

Kelly

Blueyes
                              Participant

Good Luck!

Kelly

artm425241
                                Participant

I used to frequently take Aspirin for the pain of sunburn(S.)

I do not know that Aspirin could have some use to alleviate itching. Simple as the idea is, I think it is worth a try.

Art

kylez
                                    Participant

Part of the protocol for IL-2 (where I was given it) was no aspirin and no ibuprofen. Acetominophen was allowed.

Kelly7
                                      Participant

Thank you for all the advice. My brother was given some meds in the hospital for the itching, I think it was mostly to just knock him out. He ended up gaining 44 lbs in the 6 days in the hospital. Im sure that is why his skin was so itchy on top of the IL2. Im 7 months pregnant and my stomach itches as its being stretched, so I can only imagine my poor brother.

He is home now and he actually lost all 44 in 4 days!

Kelly7
                                        Participant

Thank you for all the advice. My brother was given some meds in the hospital for the itching, I think it was mostly to just knock him out. He ended up gaining 44 lbs in the 6 days in the hospital. Im sure that is why his skin was so itchy on top of the IL2. Im 7 months pregnant and my stomach itches as its being stretched, so I can only imagine my poor brother.

Kelly7
                                          Participant

kylez
                                            Participant

Part of the protocol for IL-2 (where I was given it) was no aspirin and no ibuprofen. Acetominophen was allowed.

kylez
                                              Participant

artm425241
                                              Participant

I do not know that Aspirin could have some use to alleviate itching. Simple as the idea is, I think it is worth a try.

Art

artm425241
                                                Participant

Art

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics