The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Recurrence

Forums General Melanoma Community Recurrence

Participant

I was diagnosed stage 3 c in september 2015 and went through 3 infusions of ipi/nivo before stopping due to severe colitis. The Pet/CT scan in February showed no tumor.  I was NED. Unfortunately, the scan and MRI I took over the last two weeks showed a highly suspicious activity on my manubrium. My oncologist believed that melanoma had spread over there. I have to make a bone biopsy. I had already got 4 biopsies in the past but not in a bone.

What should I expect for this procedure ? I was planning to ask for some kind of sedation, is it worth it or can I go through the procedure without it ?

After the procedure I will resume the immunotherapy with either nivo or pembro.

Anyone got a recurrence after immunotherapy ?

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        beans920
        Participant

Yes, I did a trial with both Yervoy and Interferon and 10 months later I had a flareup of a previous spot on my sternum.  Treated with radiation and it disappeared, but a scan last week showed it is active again.  Can't do radiation so I am heading back to Mayo for there expertise.  Not sure what will happen!

Lori Ann
            Participant

I had surgery and radiation to remove tumor in my nasal cavity.  I was NED until April when they found another tumor.  I had surgery, again.  Now they are recommedning Yervoy.  Can you tell me what your experience was like?  I'm so confused.  Do you have Mucosal melanoma?

Lori Ann
              Participant

I had surgery and radiation to remove tumor in my nasal cavity.  I was NED until April when they found another tumor.  I had surgery, again.  Now they are recommedning Yervoy.  Can you tell me what your experience was like?  I'm so confused.  Do you have Mucosal melanoma?

Lori Ann
                Participant

Lori Ann
                  Participant

Lori Ann
                    Participant

Lori Ann
                      Participant

Lori Ann
                        Participant

Thank you!  I don't think radiation is an option for me either but I'm looking into it.  It's so confusing as I get posts from people with positive experiences as well as negative.  Not sure what will happen here either but good luck!

Lori Ann
                          Participant

Thank you!  I don't think radiation is an option for me either but I'm looking into it.  It's so confusing as I get posts from people with positive experiences as well as negative.  Not sure what will happen here either but good luck!

Lori Ann
                            Participant

beans920
                            Participant

Yes, I did a trial with both Yervoy and Interferon and 10 months later I had a flareup of a previous spot on my sternum.  Treated with radiation and it disappeared, but a scan last week showed it is active again.  Can't do radiation so I am heading back to Mayo for there expertise.  Not sure what will happen!

beans920
                              Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics