The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Recovering from CLND and PET scans negative but scarring on lungs?

Forums General Melanoma Community Recovering from CLND and PET scans negative but scarring on lungs?

Participant

I had the CLND from under my left armpit and am recovering well. I HATE the drain tube but getting used to it I guess.  I go back on Dec 13 to get stiches out of WLE and tube out.  The Dr. called yesterday and said no Mel showing up on PET scans and blood work good. One thing he said that there was some scarring on my lungs that could be from pneumonia or other infection. I have never had pneumonia that I know of so that was curious.

I had the CLND from under my left armpit and am recovering well. I HATE the drain tube but getting used to it I guess.  I go back on Dec 13 to get stiches out of WLE and tube out.  The Dr. called yesterday and said no Mel showing up on PET scans and blood work good. One thing he said that there was some scarring on my lungs that could be from pneumonia or other infection. I have never had pneumonia that I know of so that was curious. I have a call to talk with them again to see what could be causing the scarring.  We meet with oncologist next Monday as well to discuss further treatment.

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        molly
        Participant

Dave, so happy to hear that you have the surgery behind you and you are on the mend. Even better that you got a good scan!! Take care of yourself.

molly

molly
          Participant

Dave, so happy to hear that you have the surgery behind you and you are on the mend. Even better that you got a good scan!! Take care of yourself.

molly

kristylee92
            Participant
              The scarring on the lungs is not unusual, you could have been sick at some point in your life and not realized your lungs were affected. Your oncologist will keep an eye on the scars to make sure there is no growth. Great news on the negative PET scan! You will probably continue to have scans every 3 months to watch for recurrence. Staying healthy and a positive outlook will help you through the coming treatments. Ask questions and make informed decisions based on your wants. It helps to have someone with you to listen in case you miss an important detail. Best of luck to you!
              kristylee92
              Participant
                The scarring on the lungs is not unusual, you could have been sick at some point in your life and not realized your lungs were affected. Your oncologist will keep an eye on the scars to make sure there is no growth. Great news on the negative PET scan! You will probably continue to have scans every 3 months to watch for recurrence. Staying healthy and a positive outlook will help you through the coming treatments. Ask questions and make informed decisions based on your wants. It helps to have someone with you to listen in case you miss an important detail. Best of luck to you!
            Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics