The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Received good news after last scan and oncology appointment.

Forums General Melanoma Community Received good news after last scan and oncology appointment.

Participant

I'm Stage 4 w/unknown primary. I've been NED for 5 years now and after latest scan, blood work and oncology appointment, my oncologist is releasing me from oncology and turning me over to my primary care physician for montoring. Only caveat is that he will be reviewing all my scans over the last 5 years and provided no abnormalities, I'm released. He did assure me that if my PC or myself had any reason to be concerned about any abnormalities, that I would be able to come back in for evaluation.

I'm Stage 4 w/unknown primary. I've been NED for 5 years now and after latest scan, blood work and oncology appointment, my oncologist is releasing me from oncology and turning me over to my primary care physician for montoring. Only caveat is that he will be reviewing all my scans over the last 5 years and provided no abnormalities, I'm released. He did assure me that if my PC or myself had any reason to be concerned about any abnormalities, that I would be able to come back in for evaluation. I am still considered NED, and not cured, so it is still scary to know that it can return at any time. The biggest thing that weighs on my mind about this is that I had NO symptoms before my mets were discovered while checking for other issues.

This blog has been a tremendous help to keep me going this far and I thank everyone who is fighting the battle here and helped myself and others. Especially those here who have been fighting and surviving longer than myself. I will still be around on this blog to help others and share my experiences.

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        tasjacques
        Participant
          Congratulations on your FIVE year mark!!! Give us all hope. Curious what treatments after surgery have youreceived?
          Wish you the best πŸ™‚
          tasjacques
          Participant
            Congratulations on your FIVE year mark!!! Give us all hope. Curious what treatments after surgery have youreceived?
            Wish you the best πŸ™‚
            tasjacques
            Participant
              Wish you the best πŸ™‚
              JerryfromFauq
              Participant

Enjoy liffe!

JerryfromFauq
                Participant

Enjoy liffe!

JerryfromFauq
                  Participant

Enjoy liffe!

tico1
                    Participant

Congrats on this wonderful news!

tico1
                      Participant

tico1
                        Participant

BrianP
                          Participant

Thanks for sharing your success.  Enjoy life!

BrianP
                            Participant

BrianP
                              Participant

Tina D
                                Participant

This is awesome news πŸ™‚   . Thank you for sharing!!

Tina D
                                  Participant

Tina D
                                    Participant

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byΒ MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics