The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Re-Post: Looking for Melanoma Org near DC

Forums General Melanoma Community Re-Post: Looking for Melanoma Org near DC

Participant

Sorry, folks, but need to re-post my request from yesterday.  I received the following response to my suggestion that MRF be considered: 

Sorry, folks, but need to re-post my request from yesterday.  I received the following response to my suggestion that MRF be considered: 

"Do you know of anything that is a little smaller? They like to pick organizations where a $3,000-5,000 donation would make a big impact."

So, back to square one:  does anyone know of a not-for-profit (501C3) organization within 100 miles of the Washington, DC area that I can submit to a northern Virginia corporation interested in choosing their annual fund-raising recipient?  As stated above, it has to be much smaller than MRF and an hours drive from DC as they make the contribution in person.

Hopefully someone out there has their own small fund-raising group that fits the bill.  I have one here in Richmond, but am located too far from DC.

LibbyinVA (Stage IIIb, gratefully NED since 2006)

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        s M
        Participant
          Libby — I volunteer for a non-profit called Miles for Melanoma of Delaware. We are small group who promote skin cancer awareness and fundraising with all of our proceeds going toMRF. Our signature event is a 5k walk/run the third weekend in September. Go to our website for more info. http://www.miles4melanomade.org
          s M
          Participant
            Libby — I volunteer for a non-profit called Miles for Melanoma of Delaware. We are small group who promote skin cancer awareness and fundraising with all of our proceeds going toMRF. Our signature event is a 5k walk/run the third weekend in September. Go to our website for more info. http://www.miles4melanomade.org
            s M
            Participant
              justlittleoleme
              Participant

The  Melanoma Education Foundation http://www.skincheck.org

They are located in Peabody, Massachusetts.  It's not within the 100 miles though.

justlittleoleme
                Participant

They are located in Peabody, Massachusetts.  It's not within the 100 miles though.

justlittleoleme
                  Participant

jim Breitfeller
                    Participant

Libby,

How about the Abigail Alliance?

8881 White Orchid Place
                      Lorton, VA 22079

Office: (703) 646-5306

[email protected]

Tell Frank, I sent you!!!!!

The Abigail Alliance Mission
                      The Abigail Alliance is committed to helping create wider access to developmental cancer drugs and other drugs for serious life-threatening illnesses. The Alliance is promoting creative ways of increasing expanded access and compassionate use programs. We are working to help promote creative ideas to get promising new drugs to the market sooner.

Additionally, we are dedicated to helping better inform cancer patients, other patients, and their doctors about the website, clinicaltrials.gov. This important website lists clinical trials of developmental cancer drugs and other important drugs. We need pharmaceutical companies to advertise this vital website

Best regards,

Jimmy B
                      jim Breitfeller
                      Participant

Libby,

8881 White Orchid Place
                        Lorton, VA 22079

[email protected]

The Abigail Alliance is committed to helping create wider access to developmental cancer drugs and other drugs for serious life-threatening illnesses. The Alliance is promoting creative ways of increasing expanded access and compassionate use programs. We are working to help promote creative ideas to get promising new drugs to the market sooner.

Additionally, we are dedicated to helping better inform cancer patients, other patients, and their doctors about the website, clinicaltrials.gov. This important website lists clinical trials of developmental cancer drugs and other important drugs. We need pharmaceutical companies to advertise this vital website

Best regards,

Jimmy B
                        jim Breitfeller
                        Participant

Libby,

8881 White Orchid Place
                          Lorton, VA 22079

[email protected]

Best regards,

Jimmy B
                          LibbyinVA
                          Participant

Has anyone heard of the Ashley Anne Fister Cole Foundation…they are located in Reston, VA which fits the requirement of being within a 1-hour drive from DC.

Thanks to everyone who has already replied…really appreciate your help with this one!

LibbyinVA
                            Participant

Has anyone heard of the Ashley Anne Fister Cole Foundation…they are located in Reston, VA which fits the requirement of being within a 1-hour drive from DC.

Thanks to everyone who has already replied…really appreciate your help with this one!

LibbyinVA
                              Participant

LibbyinVA
                                Participant

BIG thank you to everyone who replied…have all the info I needed!

JerryfromFauq
                                    Participant

Iwill speak up for the Fister Cole Foundation b eing a good cause.  They have a fund raiser every year that MDA sends a representative to (usually Wen Jen Hwu) that also stops by the INOVA Cancer group for discussion and updates on Melanoma actions, thanks to the Fister Cole Foundation They are well known and appreciated in the DC area.

Cooper
                                      Participant

MIF has great free webinars and the top researchers giving new info on new drugs etc.  Their forum is really topnotch.  Definitely is a deserving organization.

Cooper
                                        Participant

MIF has great free webinars and the top researchers giving new info on new drugs etc.  Their forum is really topnotch.  Definitely is a deserving organization.

Cooper
                                          Participant

JerryfromFauq
                                            Participant

Iwill speak up for the Fister Cole Foundation b eing a good cause.  They have a fund raiser every year that MDA sends a representative to (usually Wen Jen Hwu) that also stops by the INOVA Cancer group for discussion and updates on Melanoma actions, thanks to the Fister Cole Foundation They are well known and appreciated in the DC area.

JerryfromFauq
                                              Participant

LibbyinVA
                                              Participant

LibbyinVA
                                                Participant

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics