The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

R-occurrences” in the scar tissue/area ?

Forums General Melanoma Community R-occurrences” in the scar tissue/area ?

Participant
      Need help on a question. Several people on several sites have been asking about possible "re-occurrences" in the scar tissue/area of the removal of a primary.   I would like to hear about the timing of such re-occurrences in people that have had such occur.
      Need help on a question. Several people on several sites have been asking about possible "re-occurrences" in the scar tissue/area of the removal of a primary.   I would like to hear about the timing of such re-occurrences in people that have had such occur.
    Viewing 13 reply threads
    • Replies
        SoCalDave
        Participant

Mine came back within about 2 months; then had to have more surgery with skin graft, etc. It still came back and I'm over 3 years out from first surgery. Have had probably 30 mels in that general area (left calf). Been doing DPCP and right now i'm about 7 months out with no new mels. The thing I think is weird (perhaps a blessing), is that they've all been at or below the original mel site.

Dave

SoCalDave
          Participant

Mine came back within about 2 months; then had to have more surgery with skin graft, etc. It still came back and I'm over 3 years out from first surgery. Have had probably 30 mels in that general area (left calf). Been doing DPCP and right now i'm about 7 months out with no new mels. The thing I think is weird (perhaps a blessing), is that they've all been at or below the original mel site.

Dave

SoCalDave
            Participant

Dave

JerryfromFauq
              Participant

Thanks,

Dave, Were all on the surface or were they deeper in the tissue?

nancyg
                Participant
                  My husband had his primary mole removed Dec30, 2011…
                  A bump literally popped up at the end of the scar
                  On his shoulder in Jan of 2013 — one year later!
                  It was Melanoma….
                  Nancy
                  nancyg
                  Participant
                    It was Melanoma….
                    Nancy
                    nancyg
                    Participant
                      It was Melanoma….
                      Nancy
                      SoCalDave
                      Participant

All on the surface; none probably bigger than a 5mil punch…

blden2186
                        Participant
                          I had a lump show up almost a year to the date under my scar (left leg by knee). When they did surgery and got path report they found a second tumor that the PET scan did not pick up. I had surgery, then one month induction of interferon, followed by radiation and now Monday I start the 3x a week maintenance doses of interferon. Right now I feel good.
                          blden2186
                          Participant
                            I had a lump show up almost a year to the date under my scar (left leg by knee). When they did surgery and got path report they found a second tumor that the PET scan did not pick up. I had surgery, then one month induction of interferon, followed by radiation and now Monday I start the 3x a week maintenance doses of interferon. Right now I feel good.
                            blden2186
                            Participant
                              MattF
                              Participant

Primary right ear lobe 9/2012

6/2013 First felt hard pea sized lump just below the earlove….about 1/4 inch from original WLE. It is Sub Q but nor really deep easy to feel rubbing your finger tips over it.

7/2013 Lump is the size of an olive hard painless and imovable. Confirmed Metastatic Melanoma by FNA

MattF
                                Participant

6/2013 First felt hard pea sized lump just below the earlove….about 1/4 inch from original WLE. It is Sub Q but nor really deep easy to feel rubbing your finger tips over it.

7/2013 Lump is the size of an olive hard painless and imovable. Confirmed Metastatic Melanoma by FNA

MattF
                                  Participant

JerryfromFauq
                                    Participant

Thanks,

JerryfromFauq
                                      Participant

Thanks,

SoCalDave
                                        Participant

SoCalDave
                                          Participant

blden2186
                                            Participant
                                              Lump was not movable and it felt close to surface. The oncologist and surgeon both thought it was scar tissue..surprise surprise.
                                              blden2186
                                              Participant
                                                Lump was not movable and it felt close to surface. The oncologist and surgeon both thought it was scar tissue..surprise surprise.
                                                blden2186
                                                Participant
                                              Viewing 13 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics