The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

R.I.P. Elizabeth Edwards

Forums General Melanoma Community R.I.P. Elizabeth Edwards

Participant

You are in now with your son Wade. You inspired many of us with your bravery in the face of many struggles. God Speed, Michele

You are in now with your son Wade. You inspired many of us with your bravery in the face of many struggles. God Speed, Michele

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        DebbieH
        Participant

Yes, rest in peace Elizabeth Edwards.  I could say more but I'm sitting on my hands instead of typing what I'm thinking.

LV
            Participant

Oh, quit with the hand-sitting! We need some spunk around here.

LV
              Participant

Oh, quit with the hand-sitting! We need some spunk around here.

LizzM
                Participant

So what are you thinking? Do you think she wasn't a good woman or is it her husband you don't like? Inquiring minds want to know.

TinaR
                  Participant

The marital mess she endured was horrible, but my heart hurts when I think of her and her  three children losing their mother and during the holiday season. Losing a loved one is very difficult for most everyone…but when it occurs at a "marker" like Christmas (* they are Christian) it seems amplified and could fill their lives with additional dread of this period of time forever( now seems like the holiday is two months long!) . The pain of those 2 little kids is haunting my mind. I can't even imagine.  I wish for her, and her kids, she could have held on until the holiday had passed…young kids are so vulnerable- they could have used the tiny break of a couple more months before their lives fell completely apart. I imagine their mother would have wished the same for them. Damn. Heartbreaking.

BethA in VA
                    Participant

I so agree with you.  Only the kids matter right now.  And holidays are forever changed for innocent children.  How sad.  Beth

BethA in VA
                      Participant

I so agree with you.  Only the kids matter right now.  And holidays are forever changed for innocent children.  How sad.  Beth

TinaR
                        Participant

The marital mess she endured was horrible, but my heart hurts when I think of her and her  three children losing their mother and during the holiday season. Losing a loved one is very difficult for most everyone…but when it occurs at a "marker" like Christmas (* they are Christian) it seems amplified and could fill their lives with additional dread of this period of time forever( now seems like the holiday is two months long!) . The pain of those 2 little kids is haunting my mind. I can't even imagine.  I wish for her, and her kids, she could have held on until the holiday had passed…young kids are so vulnerable- they could have used the tiny break of a couple more months before their lives fell completely apart. I imagine their mother would have wished the same for them. Damn. Heartbreaking.

LizzM
                          Participant

So what are you thinking? Do you think she wasn't a good woman or is it her husband you don't like? Inquiring minds want to know.

DebbieH
                          Participant

Yes, rest in peace Elizabeth Edwards.  I could say more but I'm sitting on my hands instead of typing what I'm thinking.

Viewing 1 reply thread
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics