The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Quick Update

Forums General Melanoma Community Quick Update

Participant
      My husband had to stop opdivo/yervoy after three treatments (June 2017 last treatment). Scans every three months showed decrease in tumor size. In April of this year his doctor let him skip to six months for his next scan. We received the results Monday (10/04) and his doctor’s words were: “Your scans look great!” And no, he has not received any treatment since June 2017. He does not take any supplements, vitamins and is not on any special diet. He consumes meat–doesn’t eat enough fruits or vegetables–and sugar is a food group in his opinion. Just saying all this because I do not understand how this disease treats people so differently. My heart aches for people who do not respond while doing everything they can to fight this beast.
      And I know it can attack my husband at anytime if it so desires, but for now we are truly thankful. I hope this post can bring a little hope to someone.
      Thanks to all who post here and for all the valuable information.
      God Bless,
      Jim’s wife
    Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        sks2019
        Participant
          Thank you so much for sharing smiller, I hope he continues to stay healthy and enjoy his life to the fullest.
          Post like yours give a lot of courage to continue everyday.
          Can’t thank this forum enough.
          Have a great life !
          Coragirl
          Participant
            Thank you for sharing the good news!
            Bubbles
            Participant
              Wonderful!!! Enjoy! (Sugar is a food group!! BAHAHA!!!) Thanks for sharing! celeste
              JudiAU
              Participant
                I never get tired or reading posts like this. Yeah!
                lkb
                Participant
                  That’s encouraging–thanks for posting!
                  Lucygoose
                  Participant
                    Thank you for sharing! May he have continued good news.
                Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics