The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Quick Update

Forums General Melanoma Community Quick Update

Participant

Hi guys & gals, im truelly sorry so much time has passed since ive wrote, have "some" good news, i believe i mentioned me having a pair of CT Scans, one of my head the other my chest {lungs}…..my head was clear {yay!  about freakin`  time a scan was clear, first clear one since my Mel journey began!} and, well, the ol` CT of the lungs is yet again "bitter/sweet", the bitchass Mel Monster is still growing, was 5.4cm in September {comparison to} now its 5.7cm and all other tumors havnt grown still!! its such a trip how "one" out of the bunch is totaly defying treatment, really wierd…And thanks for the "vote" of whats a good "med" for Nerve pain thats not a narcotic, Gabapentin was mentioned the most by you all & i am now "2" days into my saturation period and so far so good, i think its gunna work for me better then pounding down 3 thousand miligrams of Naproxins {Ibuprofins} every day, cant be good on my inards haha…Surgery still set for Dec17th, im gunna do it this time, youll see….Take care ya`all, love ya guys…

Viewing 10 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant

Glad you are at least feeling better and have a clear head!!!  Hang in there.  You can do this!!  c

MelanomaMike
            Participant
              Thank you Celeste! I will do this!
            jbronicki
            Participant

So good to hear an update from you Mike.  I've been having massive CAPTCHA issues on this site when on my computer and this is first time in several days/week it has let me through, so the universe is on our side today ๐Ÿ™‚  And expecting the universe to be on your side on the 17th.  You can do this for sure!

MelanomaMike
                Participant
                  Hi Jackie, yer not alone, i quit using my computer (home style with modem) yo getvon MRF, like yerself to many problems with reCAPTCHA, i could login just fine but could never “post” any Post’s which “also” requires a reCAPTCHA! Real weird huh? For the past oh 6 months now, i ONLY use either my Phone or my new Tablet i bought myself (actually wife bought ๐Ÿ™‚ both works fine in the reCAPTCHYA department!! Look into it! Thanks again sis..
                BrianP
                Participant

Thanks for the post Mike.  If I'm understanding you correctly after you get that disobedient bastard cut out you'll be back at stable.  Not a bad place to be to start the New Year.  Good luck with the surgery.  You got this.

Brian

MelanomaMike
                    Participant
                      Thanks Brian, and yes, after the 17th (next Monday) the 5.7cm monster will be out of me and ill comtinue taking the Opdivo. At this point, it is causing all others (tumors) to NOT grow wich is good, my team & me will take that as VICTORIOUS!
                      And off the subject, and if i havnt said it already, Thank You For Serving bro, God only knows how much our Military means to me (both Grandpas, Dad & Brother all served but in the Army though haha!)….thanks BrianP!
                    lkb
                    Participant

Glad to hear about the clear noggin scan and the stabilizations. Mel Monster is on its way out and I hope the nerve pain is too. 

MelanomaMike
                        Participant
                          Me to! I was having ringing in both ears and thought “maybe” a lil “something something” was Lurking in my head but thank God that wasnt the case, my Pallitive care Dr agrees with me, taking all those darn Naproxines most likely is the coprate of all the ear ringing, not good! Now that im taking the Gabapentin hopefully i can lower my Naprox intake!! Will see! Thanks ikb!
                        GeoTony
                        Participant

Great news on the noggin Mike, rooting for you on the 17th

MelanomaMike
                            Participant
                              Thank you Tony! Keep on rootin’ for me, gunna need all the “Outer Strength” coming in!
                            MMH
                            Participant

I will be thinking of you on the 17th. You got this!

MelanomaMike
                                Participant
                                  Thank you MMH! like i said to Tony, ill need all the Outer Strength “vibes” my way! I can do this!!!!!!!
                                  sing123
                                  Participant

Mike, 

Will be thinking of you on Dec. 17th. Sounds like you are ready to embrace (not always easy in this battle!) 

Best, 

Cindy

SABKLYN
                                  Participant

Teach that little effer a lesson on the 17th!

caman
                                      Participant

Positive vibes here from California.  You may look into Cymbalta.  It has dual effects,  Neuropathic pain  and a mood stablizer ( we all need that).  Also has some anti-anxiety properties too.  Good substitute for gabapentin, if not better.   But anyway, the best on the 17th,  keep us posted.  We all be thinking about you

KellyH
                                      Participant

Hi mike!!! 

Thats great news about your CT scans!!! Amd once surgery is over you will be free of that pain in the *** guy in your lung and can continue with the Nivo until all your scans are clear!!!!! 

We will be thinking of you and sending positive vibes your way on the 17th!!!! 

Kelly ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Nick C
                                        Participant

Just go with the flow and everything will be all right. You've got this!

Nick

Dwarla
                                          Participant

All the best to you, Mike! So glad head scan clear! Get that nasty out of your lung! We are all supporting you, you can do this!!!! I have faith that you can do this and it will be a turning point for you in a positive direction!!!

Hi Mike!  Thanks for the update and apologies for replying so late.  Been trying to get back my sanity – or some of it anyway.  I had an "agressive" tumor that wouldn't play nicely.  Hopefully surgery does the trick and you are rid of the beast tumor.  I named mine and then referred to it by name to make my husband laugh.  He thought I was crazy but then realized it was just a way to deal with it.  I'll be thinking of you Monday.  If you name it before then do let us know.  Glad the pain meds are working.

Good wishes to you.

Jennifer

MelanomaMike
                                              Participant
                                                Hi Jen, thanks for the good vibes my way, ill start taking some Adavans Tommorow (Sunday) so i can have it in my system for Monday morning so i dont freak out (which i wont/cant this time!!).. Ya know, ive actually already referred to my tumor as Mel Monster 5.7cm (was 5.4 & smaller in the recent past) so, its kinda stuck for now! Haha…thanks Jen
                                          Viewing 10 reply threads
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics