The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Questions about lab values with Yervoy treatment

Forums General Melanoma Community Questions about lab values with Yervoy treatment

Participant
      Hi,

I finished my 4th dose of Yervoy 5 days ago. Minimal symptoms with 1st and second dose ( a little itching, occasional diarrhea (prob food related) and a little tired. After 3rd dose started to have some fever and chills just at night on days I was really tired. I also developed some joint pain especially in my left hip ( surgery on right leg) and some in my back. This was severe at times. Also just generalized stiffness like someone with arthritis. I don’t know if this is from the IPPI. I was also doing radiation on my right leg at the same time and think the awkward position could have something to do with this. This is better in the last week ( finished rad thx last week), but I still have aching in my hips at night.

Had visit w oncologist with last treatment and he told me my liver enzymes were up. I also found out LDH was up. He also did a panel to check for arthritis due to the pain I was having. This was fine except C reactive protein which was 26-nml cut off is like 10. This is a sign of inflammation in the body. My dr said he wasn’t worried about this number, but sounded more concerned about liver enzymes. Of course I scoured the Internet on CRP levels and found this could be a marker of advancing disease in melanoma patients (ugh).

So now of course I’m thinking pain in the bones must be mets. But, the more rational side of me thinks this should all just be related to the Yervoy not to mention the radiation which I know caused a lot of inflammation due to the increased redness in my skin (fortunately not painful except a little irritated in groin area where undies rub).

Has anyone else had LDH and liver enzymes rise during Yervoy treatments? How about CRP levels?

I’ll do PET/CT and brain MRI in next 2-3 weeks. This time severe scanxiety.

Julie in Las Vegas

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        jim Breitfeller
        Participant

Julie,

This could be an indication that your body is having an immune response. When is your next CT scan?

Inflammation is the "Danger Signal" needed to involk an immune response. Only time will tell.

Jimmy B

gabsound
            Participant
              Hi Jimmy B,

I am waiting to hear back from md office that insurance approval was obtained. Hopefully soon.

Julie
              I’d like to email you directly if possible.
              My email is [email protected]

gabsound
              Participant
                Hi Jimmy B,

I am waiting to hear back from md office that insurance approval was obtained. Hopefully soon.

Julie

gabsound
                Participant
                  Hi Jimmy B,

Julie

jim Breitfeller
                Participant

Julie,

This could be an indication that your body is having an immune response. When is your next CT scan?

Inflammation is the "Danger Signal" needed to involk an immune response. Only time will tell.

Jimmy B

jim Breitfeller
                  Participant

Julie,

Jimmy B

Viewing 2 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics