The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

questions

Forums General Melanoma Community questions

• This topic is empty.
    Participant

I was diagnosed with a medium choidal melanoma in 2001 and had plaque radiation at the beginning of 2002.  From that point forward, the tumor shrunk slowly (which the doctor said was good) and had remained shrunk all these years.  I had appointments for check ups every 6 months.  My liver functions tests were good.  I had a chest xpray and ultrssound of the liver 2 weeks ago.  The chest x-ray was fine.  The liver ultrssound showed something vague and ill-defined on the left lobe of the liver.  So, I had an MRi where they did two different kinds of contrasts (first one was blurry).  That showed some very small spots on the left lobe of the liver.  My doctor spoke with the radiologist before my appt with her, and she said he was unable to determine what they were.  So, now I am havinga pet scan.  I am scared and concened.  I was shocked at myeye cancer doctor's appointment toeven hear there was anything as I feel great and have no symptoms of anyting, other than a nervous sstomach which is something I alwasy get if upset.  Has anyone had anything similar?  HELP!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics