The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

question about little cyst type lumps under skin..

Forums General Melanoma Community question about little cyst type lumps under skin..

Participant

Hi..

this is about my best  friend who has mel… he has  been NED for  2 yrs… he had a mel on his shin.. was removed.. then microscopic mel showed up two years later in the sentinal lymph node in his groin..

had the lymphs removed..has been fine ever since..

told me today that he has 3 small "cysts" on his back.. he said they have been there for years.. and has not been worried about them but decided

Hi..

this is about my best  friend who has mel… he has  been NED for  2 yrs… he had a mel on his shin.. was removed.. then microscopic mel showed up two years later in the sentinal lymph node in his groin..

had the lymphs removed..has been fine ever since..

told me today that he has 3 small "cysts" on his back.. he said they have been there for years.. and has not been worried about them but decided

to get them removed as he wants nothing growing in or on his skin…

he went to his onc.. who said he had not seen them  before.. but my friend says he knows for sure they have been there for years..

the onc wants to take him in and do a wide excision on them right now.. not even testing them first to know what they are..

this seems a bit extreme to me without even biopsy first???

i have had many cysts that sound just the same… they have been removed in the office.. under local .. and voila gone..

any thoughts on this??

thanks..Michele 

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        If it was me I’d have them checked. I had one on my back, it was a subcutaneous Mel. The IPI killed it off tho….
        If it was me I’d have them checked. I had one on my back, it was a subcutaneous Mel. The IPI killed it off tho….
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics