The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

PURE GOLD …….

Forums General Melanoma Community PURE GOLD …….

Participant

I share a little devotion on my FB page as the Lord leads and this is the one HE gave me for today after reading so many of your post last night.   I thought it might bless and encourage someone in some small way.

I share a little devotion on my FB page as the Lord leads and this is the one HE gave me for today after reading so many of your post last night.   I thought it might bless and encourage someone in some small way.

OUR GOD OF "NUMBERS" ! 

Do you know what temperature it takes to melt 24 carat gold – the purest of all gold ? "1,948 degrees F"

Do you remember how God scattered a rebellious Israel to all corners of the earth, but promised to bring them back together again to a land of full of FRUIT and PROSPERITY ? Guess what year that was ?

"1948" – the year Israel became a Nation !!! WOW – WOW is right !!!

Happens to be the year of my own birth, and the birth of my classmates. The Lord said THIS GENERATION would not pass away before all these things (prophecies) came to pass. HIS GLORIOUS SECOND COMING !!! 

IS GOD AMAZING OR WHAT ! As I grow older and a "LITTLE" wiser in HIS WORD and WAYS, I am astounded at how things "ADD UP" with our Lord. He is NOT A GOD OF HAPPENSTANCE – NOTHING IS CO-INCIDENTIAL. HE IS NOT caught off guard by anything, and EVERYTHING has a rhyme and a reason in HIS PLAN for HIS PEOPLE ! Hang tight if you are going through a dark night of the soul…..HE SEE'S IT ……HE KNOW'S ABOUT IT……and HE CARE'S !!! 

KEEP THE FAITH – DO NOT LOSE HEART – this is not the ONLY WORLD there is, and we cannot think, dream, or imagine what the one HE HAS PLANNED for us is going to be like ; but we do know it's going to be awesome, and IF HE IS TESTING YOUR FAITH to the Max, so that it might come forth as 24 CARAT PURE GOLD, take heart, know you're in HIS PERFECT WILL, and this is a process all the Saints are going through in order to be purified to receive the Kingdom He talks about in the scripture below, so that our lamps might be full of oil, ready on THAT DAY the Trumpet sounds. Even so come quickly Lord Jesus ! WE PRAY LORD, FOR YOUR KINGDOM TO COME ! 

REV. 21:4. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. 

(WHOOOOOO HOOOOO, AMEN, PRAISE THE LORD is all I have to say). :-)))

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        Tina D
        Participant

You have NO IDEA how much this has touched me as I struggled to read it with my blurry vision made more so by my tears. Thank you for taking the time to share it. He sees, He knows… I was reminding myself of this first thing this morning.

Thank you… bless you for posting this just now 🙂

Tina

Tina D
          Participant

You have NO IDEA how much this has touched me as I struggled to read it with my blurry vision made more so by my tears. Thank you for taking the time to share it. He sees, He knows… I was reminding myself of this first thing this morning.

Tina

Tina D
            Participant

Tina

kthekhal
              Participant

Is this a site for discussing melanoma or propogating personal beliefs in fairy tales ? I fing this posting kind of not suited here…   if a Muslim had posted a story like this about an Islamic nation, I am SURE there would be people jumping with rage.

POW
                  Participant

Poor Old Grouch! I feel sorry for anyone who has so many storms in his head. It must be miserable to live inside a head like yours.

The purpose of this site is to help and support people who have melanoma or who are their caregivers. While I personally am an agnostic, I figure that if someone gets peace and comfort from their religious beliefs, bully for them! And if they want to share something they found particularly helpful in the hopes of brightening someone else' day, that's fine with me. If I don't want to read such missives, I don't. But then again, I don't suffer from angry storms inside my head.

Here's hoping you find some inner peace, too, however you manage to do it. 

audgator
                    Participant

I agree with POW.  I've pondered what to call my lack of belief: atheist, agnostic, whatever.  I've settled on heathen. I think it has a nice ring to it.  Anyway, whatever makes you feel good on this journey is fine with me.   Dan 

Snickers60
                      Participant

Well, I hesitated to share it, but I thought even an UNBELIEVER might find the GOD OF NUMBERS interesting.   I respect your beliefs and was not trying to evangelize anyone, but know there are a lot of Christians on here who need encouragement right now,  and personally a world without pain and suffering is very enticing to some of us right now and will be in our future life.   

I did not mean to step on any toes, but I can see that it blessed ONE PERSON in a huge way, and for that I am NOT SORRY I did step out and post it with trembling.   Our journey with MELANOMA is one we walk in FAITH and so to leave it out would be to leave out something as vital as ZEL.   We just can't do it.   It is the WAY of our lives and our JOURNEY in this horrible illness.   I understand you do not feel that way and respect it.  I won't make a habit of it, but when I feel so strongly to do something as I did this with so many hurting right now, I just obey GOD and let the persecution come what may.  

I see there's another ANON on here…….boy, that name is popular on here isn't it.    

Snickers60
                        Participant

Well, I hesitated to share it, but I thought even an UNBELIEVER might find the GOD OF NUMBERS interesting.   I respect your beliefs and was not trying to evangelize anyone, but know there are a lot of Christians on here who need encouragement right now,  and personally a world without pain and suffering is very enticing to some of us right now and will be in our future life.   

I did not mean to step on any toes, but I can see that it blessed ONE PERSON in a huge way, and for that I am NOT SORRY I did step out and post it with trembling.   Our journey with MELANOMA is one we walk in FAITH and so to leave it out would be to leave out something as vital as ZEL.   We just can't do it.   It is the WAY of our lives and our JOURNEY in this horrible illness.   I understand you do not feel that way and respect it.  I won't make a habit of it, but when I feel so strongly to do something as I did this with so many hurting right now, I just obey GOD and let the persecution come what may.  

I see there's another ANON on here…….boy, that name is popular on here isn't it.    

Snickers60
                          Participant

Snickers60
                            Participant

TINA, perhaps I should have just sent it to you as to keep down the persecution because you were the ONE on my mind in particular when I felt led to share it.    HANG IN THERE GIRL…….YOU ARE NOT ALONE and THIS IS NOT OVER !  YOU ARE MORE THAN A CONQUERER IN CHRIST JESUS YOUR LORD !  LOVE, NANCY   

WRITE ME IF YOU NEED ME………….I CARED ENOUGH TO TAKE THE HEAT !  🙂   <><

Snickers60
                              Participant

TINA, perhaps I should have just sent it to you as to keep down the persecution because you were the ONE on my mind in particular when I felt led to share it.    HANG IN THERE GIRL…….YOU ARE NOT ALONE and THIS IS NOT OVER !  YOU ARE MORE THAN A CONQUERER IN CHRIST JESUS YOUR LORD !  LOVE, NANCY   

Tina D
                                Participant

Thank you, Nancay…. Sorry you had any heat at all, but I still appreciate that you shared it. I am glad to read your latest report on Wayne and I know this will be a very joyous Christmas in your home!! Rejoicing with you guys!!!

I hope to get a call today with some kind of direction …

Tina

Tina D
                                  Participant

Thank you, Nancay…. Sorry you had any heat at all, but I still appreciate that you shared it. I am glad to read your latest report on Wayne and I know this will be a very joyous Christmas in your home!! Rejoicing with you guys!!!

Tina

Tina D
                                    Participant

Tina

Snickers60
                                      Participant

audgator
                                        Participant

I agree with POW.  I've pondered what to call my lack of belief: atheist, agnostic, whatever.  I've settled on heathen. I think it has a nice ring to it.  Anyway, whatever makes you feel good on this journey is fine with me.   Dan 

audgator
                                          Participant

POW
                                            Participant

Poor Old Grouch! I feel sorry for anyone who has so many storms in his head. It must be miserable to live inside a head like yours.

The purpose of this site is to help and support people who have melanoma or who are their caregivers. While I personally am an agnostic, I figure that if someone gets peace and comfort from their religious beliefs, bully for them! And if they want to share something they found particularly helpful in the hopes of brightening someone else' day, that's fine with me. If I don't want to read such missives, I don't. But then again, I don't suffer from angry storms inside my head.

POW
                                              Participant

kthekhal
                                              Participant

Is this a site for discussing melanoma or propogating personal beliefs in fairy tales ? I fing this posting kind of not suited here…   if a Muslim had posted a story like this about an Islamic nation, I am SURE there would be people jumping with rage.

kthekhal
                                                Participant

hope4cure1
                                                  Participant

MPIP has provided us with  the Off Topic Forum which "allows you to discuss anything and everything not necessarily related to melanoma."

We are all here because we seek information to help us in our journey with melanoma.  Each time someone shares treatment experiences, successes, disappointments, and failures, we all walk away, hopefully more informed and confident that we are doing all we can.  There has been miraculous support when someone is frightened or facing a new treatment plan.  Several people chime in when one of us has a question.  Clinical trial information is passed freely.  This forum is invaluable to many of us.

I support everyone's freedom in matters of faith, politics, life choices, you name it.  To respect the diversity of our forum members we can choose to go to the Off Topic Forum with comments that are "not "necessarily related to melanoma."  Most likely, the Off Topic Forum was created with this in mind.

Peace.

hope4cure1
                                                    Participant

MPIP has provided us with  the Off Topic Forum which "allows you to discuss anything and everything not necessarily related to melanoma."

We are all here because we seek information to help us in our journey with melanoma.  Each time someone shares treatment experiences, successes, disappointments, and failures, we all walk away, hopefully more informed and confident that we are doing all we can.  There has been miraculous support when someone is frightened or facing a new treatment plan.  Several people chime in when one of us has a question.  Clinical trial information is passed freely.  This forum is invaluable to many of us.

I support everyone's freedom in matters of faith, politics, life choices, you name it.  To respect the diversity of our forum members we can choose to go to the Off Topic Forum with comments that are "not "necessarily related to melanoma."  Most likely, the Off Topic Forum was created with this in mind.

Peace.

hope4cure1
                                                      Participant

Peace.

madeclaire
                                                        Participant

Thank you for your beautiful post.  It so encourages me especially today.  I couldn't take my 4th Ipi treatment because my liver numbers are dangerously elevated.  A CT scan on monday should shed light on whether or not this is caused by the Ipi or disease progression.  Feeling down and your inspired words lifted me up.  Thanks again

madeclaire
                                                          Participant

Thank you for your beautiful post.  It so encourages me especially today.  I couldn't take my 4th Ipi treatment because my liver numbers are dangerously elevated.  A CT scan on monday should shed light on whether or not this is caused by the Ipi or disease progression.  Feeling down and your inspired words lifted me up.  Thanks again

madeclaire
                                                            Participant

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics