The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Punch biopsy itching

Forums General Melanoma Community Punch biopsy itching

Participant

I had a 1b melanoma, negative SLNB in Oct. 2015 and a severe atypical mole removed Oct. 2016 with a punch biopsy and clear margins. The punch biopsy  site is still itching 4 months later. Should I be worried that something new is popping up? I am now on 6 month check ups, due to be seen In April. 

Thanks, Barb

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Janner
        Participant

Always ok to ask your doc, but even a punch biopsy can take time to heal.  I had a WLE for an atypical lesion bother me for at least 3 years. 

btcedarr
            Participant

True, my WLE from a year ago still hurts at times and is a bit numb. Same thing for my SLNB site. It is the itchiness that has me worried  

Thanks!

btcedarr
              Participant

True, my WLE from a year ago still hurts at times and is a bit numb. Same thing for my SLNB site. It is the itchiness that has me worried  

Thanks!

btcedarr
                Participant

Thanks!

Janner
                Participant

Always ok to ask your doc, but even a punch biopsy can take time to heal.  I had a WLE for an atypical lesion bother me for at least 3 years. 

Janner
                  Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics