The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

puffy sloughing eyelids PD1 anyone??

Forums General Melanoma Community puffy sloughing eyelids PD1 anyone??

Participant

So, it is a minor question… but have any of you on PD1 had itchy sloughing skin on eyelids? I will be back at the Dr in a week, and will show them – but was wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this? Both lids were lightly peeling last visit to Dr, and it is assumed this is part of the immune response to treatment. This has increased some, and now lids are a little puffy, though still not a big deal. I am just wondering if anyone has had something similar, and if so… was it treated?

Thanks!

Tina

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        killmel
        Participant

Hi Tina,

I do not have your problem but I am also on Merck PD1.

I am curious to know if anyone has my problem. My problem is that my finger nails are peelingand cracking . Does anyone have this problem with their finger nails. I have been on PD1 over 1 yr. and have had this problem for at least 8 months. I would appreciate knowing if anyone else has this problem.

Thank you for your reply.

Jamie

Erinmay22
            Participant

Tiny – I can't say I have had any issues with my eye lids.  Although once I thought they looked saggy lol!  

Jamie – as for finger nails, I've had all sorts of issues with my nails.  some months they are really good and others I start to see the lines come back (guessing corresponding to treatment days) and they get flaky and soft.  My derm at sloan gave me a prescription for that.  Also got some other products to help.  They weren't sure at first if it was a lingering thing from Zelboraf/Ipi? or the pd1?  I have been on Merck's pd1 for a year now.
              Thanks,
              Erin

Erinmay22
              Participant

Tiny – I can't say I have had any issues with my eye lids.  Although once I thought they looked saggy lol!  

Jamie – as for finger nails, I've had all sorts of issues with my nails.  some months they are really good and others I start to see the lines come back (guessing corresponding to treatment days) and they get flaky and soft.  My derm at sloan gave me a prescription for that.  Also got some other products to help.  They weren't sure at first if it was a lingering thing from Zelboraf/Ipi? or the pd1?  I have been on Merck's pd1 for a year now.
                Thanks,
                Erin

Erinmay22
                Participant

Thanks,
                  Erin

killmel
                Participant

Hi Tina,

I am curious to know if anyone has my problem. My problem is that my finger nails are peelingand cracking . Does anyone have this problem with their finger nails. I have been on PD1 over 1 yr. and have had this problem for at least 8 months. I would appreciate knowing if anyone else has this problem.

Jamie

killmel
                  Participant

Hi Tina,

Jamie

Tina D
                    Participant

prescription strength cortisone cream did the trick ( and natural tears). Much better now ๐Ÿ™‚

Tina

Tina D
                      Participant

prescription strength cortisone cream did the trick ( and natural tears). Much better now ๐Ÿ™‚

Tina

Tina D
                        Participant

Tina

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics