The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Procedure scheduled Friday

Forums General Melanoma Community Procedure scheduled Friday

Participant

On Friday morning I'm going to have radiofrequency ablation to attack the lesion that was picked up on my scans Monday. The PET scan today (Wednesday) didn't pick up anything else, so my surgeon/oncologist and the doctor who actually will do the procedure are confident that we're on the right track.

Yep, Linda, this is Walter who was from Charleston but now is in Lexington. I'm still going to Charleston for my treatment.

On Friday morning I'm going to have radiofrequency ablation to attack the lesion that was picked up on my scans Monday. The PET scan today (Wednesday) didn't pick up anything else, so my surgeon/oncologist and the doctor who actually will do the procedure are confident that we're on the right track.

Yep, Linda, this is Walter who was from Charleston but now is in Lexington. I'm still going to Charleston for my treatment.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

Walter,

I'm so sorry your having to go through this mess again.  I knew you were going to the Doctor yesterday and I was in Charlotte – weren't sure if you had switched.  So there I was and this man and women walked in. From your picture I thought it was you. This guy had to think I was crazy. I kept staring at him trying to make eye contact. Probably thought I was trying to pick him up!!   Then they called HIS WIFE up to the reception area. I knew then that I had made a mistake and didn't look back up!

I'm assuming this procedure is similar to what you had done for the lungs a few years ago that worked so well!  Sending a cyber hug for Friday. Let us know how you do.

I've cancelled out my old e-mail account.  My new e-mail is [email protected]  Please stay in contact!! 

For those of you who don't know Walter he kept me sane the first night I was diagnosed with recurrant melanoma when he discovered we were going to the same doctor. I think he stayed up half the night sending e-mails back and forth to me!!  He is also a long time stage IV survivor!!   You can do this again!! 

Linda

lhaley
          Participant

Walter,

I'm so sorry your having to go through this mess again.  I knew you were going to the Doctor yesterday and I was in Charlotte – weren't sure if you had switched.  So there I was and this man and women walked in. From your picture I thought it was you. This guy had to think I was crazy. I kept staring at him trying to make eye contact. Probably thought I was trying to pick him up!!   Then they called HIS WIFE up to the reception area. I knew then that I had made a mistake and didn't look back up!

I'm assuming this procedure is similar to what you had done for the lungs a few years ago that worked so well!  Sending a cyber hug for Friday. Let us know how you do.

I've cancelled out my old e-mail account.  My new e-mail is [email protected]  Please stay in contact!! 

For those of you who don't know Walter he kept me sane the first night I was diagnosed with recurrant melanoma when he discovered we were going to the same doctor. I think he stayed up half the night sending e-mails back and forth to me!!  He is also a long time stage IV survivor!!   You can do this again!! 

Linda

JakeinNY
            Participant

Keep at it Walter. Best wishes for a successfule friday and for a long life.

JakeinNY
              Participant

Keep at it Walter. Best wishes for a successfule friday and for a long life.

Carmon in NM
                Participant

Walter I'm so glad they aren't seeing anything else and they feel that this can be handled in one procedure. I'll be holding you  in thoughts of a perfectly done and easy ablation on Friday morning. All the best to you and please let us know how you are doing after – Carmon in NM

Carmon in NM
                  Participant

Walter I'm so glad they aren't seeing anything else and they feel that this can be handled in one procedure. I'll be holding you  in thoughts of a perfectly done and easy ablation on Friday morning. All the best to you and please let us know how you are doing after – Carmon in NM

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics