The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Preparing for TIL now

Forums General Melanoma Community Preparing for TIL now

Participant
      After progression while on IPI/Nivo, I’m getting ready for TIL harvesting. The drug combo was effective for my kidney and liver, but not my lungs, so my Oncologist is still hopeful because he said the liver is often tough to get a positive response. They are planning to try harvesting cells from two different locations at the same time, my liver and my scalp. I’m also getting radiation lined up for my lung mets.

I still feel great, just gotta get more cutting done now.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant
          Hang in there! You got this! Celeste
          GeoTony
          Participant
            Sounds like a plan, good luck

Tony

mrsaxde
            Participant
              Good luck to you! The TIL treatment can be a little rough in places, but when it works, it really works!

-Bill

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics